The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeah, bitter. My GCSE history was 2 marks off an A* and I got it remarked (history was one of my best subjects) and it went DOWN 4 marks. I was gutted.

And my AS modules for sociology were ABU... and overall a C. how stupid. grr.
Did anyone actually do better than they had expected in gcse ICT?
Lol. Im bitter about Maths. Only got A. Got max grades on all the tests I did, but only C on coursework so I got - A*,A*,C which give me A overall. Just to make me even more bitter, if I had gotten A*, I would have been the first person in the skools history to get it.

Walton High Skool if any1 wants to know
I was predicted double A* for ICT but ended up with double A
Heartbreaker
Did anyone actually do better than they had expected in gcse ICT?

Yeah - high A's on both courseworks (AQA A - my teacher gave no-one an A*, to ensure there was no possibility they were marked down), and then A* overall (exam dragged me up).
If teachers are wily and don't mind taking a risk, that's the way to play it :p:
Reply 65
Yeah - high A's on both courseworks (AQA A - my teacher gave no-one an A*, to ensure there was no possibility they were marked down), and then A* overall (exam dragged me up).
If teachers are wily and don't mind taking a risk, that's the way to play it

Thats so unfair so at the end of the day it comes down to the school and how they mark it. How annoying does anyone know if it is possible to like resubmit the same work another year and see what happens?
Anonymous1783
Thats so unfair so at the end of the day it comes down to the school and how they mark it. How annoying does anyone know if it is possible to like resubmit the same work another year and see what happens?

I think it may be possible, you'd have to pay for a retake and also resit the exam (assuming there was one).
A little, as I'm never the scraper, always the one falling just short!:redface:

GCSE History - 1 mark off A*, apparently not worth sending off for a remark :frown:
A/S Level English Lit. - 4 UMS off an A, and considering results day was bad enough with discovering I'm going to have to do all A/S and A2 History exams in a year because of illness on the day last year, it didn't make me feel much better.:rolleyes:
I'm annoyed about my Business Studies because I got an A in the coursework so I must have done really bad in the exam.
I'm also a bit annoyed about maths and ICT because I know I could have done better.
Reply 69
Well its good to see i am not the only bitter student lol.
Reply 70
Luckily I got around 6 A*'s/A's on my exams that were on Edexcel board....I got 4B's in my exams which were on the AQA board- So my theory behind it is that AQA is HARD!..It was depressing..I didn't put any effort in, so it's really my fault...But I don't really care anymore as it doesnt really affect the uni that im going to attend or the job I want...I've had an offer from a uni that I definitely want to attend( although I hav'ent heard from a uni that I want as my insurance) ..and I just got my first ever job at the bank...it was quite shocking- They had been interviewing for 3 months, and gave me the job the next day! I was very happy... :biggrin: This just shows you don't need to have perfect grades.... you can still achieve your dreams...

So dudes and dudettes, dont worry! The majority of you lot on here have more than the average GCSES...(and the average grade is a D).... sooooo chill....and always smile :biggrin: ...dont let little things like this get to you. I let it....but soon realised it's not worth it.

Good Luck on your futures...!
Reply 71
good advice
Yes, very. Especially when you consider the fact that due to AL mathematics, I failed to meet the conditional offer for Edinburgh or St Andrews. Firm & Insurance choice respectively. :rolleyes:
Reply 73
Unmitigated exubernace was the response to my grades, but once again, RE was the encumberance and succeeded in stifling my scholastic achievements for what must be the ump-teenth time :-( - I was four marks from my 10th A*. So close lol. Is it only me and my year group, or does everyone have a devout hatred for the subject? It may be due to the region in which I live, where everyone is intent on being anti-religious, anti-social and generally a burden to society. I am assuming they have ignored the extensive moral teachings we were given since they appear to make a concious effort to starkly oppose the fundaments of basic human morals and act as reprobates for the best part of their existence.
My grades were:
Maths A*
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Science Double Award A*A*
Geography A*
Music A*
PE A*
Electronics A*
RE A
GNVQ ICT AAAA (Distinction)
I wouldn't have minded doing RE....
Let's face it, most GCSEs are pretty dull and tunnel-visioned anyway. :s:
Reply 75
/\

I'm taking the RE shortcourse mock soon.

We have been given about six sides of A4 with bullet points on, and you just memorise them and spew them out in the exam.

I've only had three lessons in the subject. :biggrin:

Tunnel-visioned indeed.
Reply 76
For RE we had a one hour lesson every two weeks it was so stupid but for global citizenship we had one lesson a week and we wernt doing a GCSE in it. Nuno i wouldnt worry about your A though it will not restrict you in anyway (unless perhaps you want to do Philosophy at uni). But it really shouldnt make any difference, the course is so stupid.
Reply 77
I'm not saying it would hinder me in any way, only that it would have been nice to have obtained those last 4 marks :-) Is anyone doing the Senior Maths Challenge tomorrow? I've carefully scrutinised past papers and come to the deduction that I'm screwed lol :-)
Reply 78
Oooooooh a bitterness thread! Excellent! :biggrin: (it's healthy to vent, honestly!)

GCSE: BB for Double Science. I should have got AA but we had at least 13 substitute teachers in one of the two years alone, the class ran riot and we hardly learnt a thing - had to teach myself most of it out of the textbook.

Oh, and an A for English Lit when I'd been predicted (and was getting) A*s all year. (but that's very pernickety really, isn't it? :p: )

AS: a C in French. Gutted. I'd been getting As all year.

A Level. Four marks off an A in French!!! Four!!!! And a B for Theatre Studies when I'd obtained an A at AS....hmm.
Reply 79
Can't be bitter about any GCSEs as the only one I actually saw the marks for (i.e. numbers instead of letters) was German.

Two marks off an A in AS French mind, not bitter just disappointed my french speaking skills are so ****e (I managed full UMS in reading/listening but scraped a C in my oral! grr).

Latest

Trending

Trending