The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone actually do better than they had expected in gcse ICT?

My teacher told me I'd be lucky if I got a C. I got an A!
Reply 81
My teacher told me I'd be lucky if I got a C. I got an A!

Good for you

I love it when teachers are wrong
Reply 82
i personally i am not happy in my gcse grades. didn't do aswell i could of done by far. revision wasn't very well prepared.

i want to avoid these same mistakes again in my AS. so far haven't been doing much extra work only been completing school work. i need to get down in making my own notes and creat some concentrated reading time.
I was 2 marks off an A* in GCSE art.

Also, my drama teacher told me my coursework was of an A* standard and yet I ended up with a C. It was 40% coursework I think, so the examiner must have really hated our practical exam!
bruisepristine
I was 2 marks off an A* in GCSE art.

Awwww ;console; So much hard work aswell! Still, an A is spectacular in Art (at least by my abstract standards :p:)
Very much so, when i was doing A-level Psycology i was 1 mark off of getting a B!!!! BASTARDS! :mad:
I now have a new grade to be bitter about; 2 marks off a 1st in my Spanish exam :mad: I could so easily have done much better as well. I got 48/50 for grammar, but the 2 marks I lost were for really stupid mistakes like forgetting to make something feminine. Then I only got 20/30 for comprehension. I got full marks on everything except the last question, which I got no marks for because it was really ambiguous and I misinterpreted it. It was worth 10 marks! Oh well.
Reply 87
I'm quite bitter about my E (virtual U) grade in AS History module 1 - I thought I'd done pretty well and was shocked when I got the results back. I've heard a lot of bad things about Edexcel marking, which makes me a little suspicious, but I decided to just retake instead of getting a remark (it turns out the exam format has changed to a somewhat nicer style, so I figured it was for the best). The worst part was that it dragged my grade down from an A to a C, which isn't too grand.
Edexhell :s:
I'd rather not touch them with a six foot bargepole, but I recently found out that my General Studies will be with them :frown:
Reply 89
Edexhell

lol so true

I now have a new grade to be bitter about; 2 marks off a 1st in my Spanish exam I could so easily have done much better as well. I got 48/50 for grammar, but the 2 marks I lost were for really stupid mistakes like forgetting to make something feminine. Then I only got 20/30 for comprehension. I got full marks on everything except the last question, which I got no marks for because it was really ambiguous and I misinterpreted it. It was worth 10 marks! Oh well.

Is that a proper exam i didnt realise uni was like that just more tests that are harder, i am scared. A 2:1 is still brilliant
Reply 90
My grade in A-Level Politics. It's almost like watching the last scenes of a teen horror movie, unbelievably disappointing. My Teachers had to call back for my paper but it was already past the deadline for a remark when they got it.:frown:
Anonymous1783
Is that a proper exam i didnt realise uni was like that just more tests that are harder, i am scared. A 2:1 is still brilliant

Yeah, my Spanish language module is assessed by 100% exams and 75% of that is for a 3 hour exam in the summer, but the other 25% is for 4 x 1 hour tests during the year. The one I was talking about was the first of the 4. I also had a shorter French exam for the language module, but I think that counted for even less of the final mark. It depends on the uni and course though, so don't be scared yet! Apart from Spanish and French, I only know of one other department that have had exams already and that was physics- they've had 2. The good thing about uni is that the first year doesn't normally count towards your degree, whereas the first year of A-levels count for 50%, and like A-levels, you only need 40% to pass. Thanks :smile:
I got an E for GCSE ICT because shortly before the exam, something went bust with the school computers and all my coursework got deleted
Reply 93
I got an E for GCSE ICT because shortly before the exam, something went bust with the school computers and all my coursework got deleted

Thats harsh
Reply 94
Jsuper
I'm quite bitter about my E (virtual U) grade in AS History module 1 - I thought I'd done pretty well and was shocked when I got the results back. I've heard a lot of bad things about Edexcel marking, which makes me a little suspicious, but I decided to just retake instead of getting a remark (it turns out the exam format has changed to a somewhat nicer style, so I figured it was for the best). The worst part was that it dragged my grade down from an A to a C, which isn't too grand.

Im kinda in the same situation. For As geography, in human i got near enough full marks, but i failed physical and skills, so i got an E overall, lol so ****ing hacked off!
predicted grade D for bus.s and c if i worked hard, woah was she wrong(head teacher was my bus.s teacher as well)

I got an A for my module and an A*(1 off full marks) for my coursework, still got 50% fianl exam though...

My new Bus.s teacher now predicts me at an A*(teachers eh)

Latest

Trending

Trending