The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aleon
They don't even need a majority, they only need 35%, maybe slightly more as there would be some muslims who wouldn't vote for it.

The law has to be passed by Parliament. I doubt that will happen.
Reply 21
Original post by Castro Saint
What kind of propaganda are you reading to really believe that the UK is heading towards a muslim-majority population? Lol.

It's fact, that at current rates of migration and birth rates, the UK will cease to be majority white in 2030, and become Muslim majority in 2050, there are already many towns around the UK and in boroughs of London where this is happening.

The left always bleat on about protecting cultures and promoting diversity, but they are not, they are making every country look like every other country. It's like paint pots, you can have a variety of different colours, across the world, or mix them all together into one sludgy colour and pour them all into pots and then say, oh look how diverse they are, every pot has this same mix.

Islam is taking over, they dominate the middle east, asia and north africa, they are now branching out into Europe, North America.

Beautiful countries like Sweden, are getting completely subsumed, there is no swedish culture, just a multi culture, just like British culture is dying and being replaced by the same multi culti.
Reply 22
Original post by Qari
The law has to be passed by Parliament. I doubt that will happen.

I don't think you are reading properly, if they get a large enough portion of the population they can get a majority in parliament, and therefore pass whatever laws they like.

And when they do, every single human rights act, legislation protecting women, legislation protecting LGBT people, legislation protecting minorities, is getting ripped up, and Shariah imposed.
Reply 23
Original post by missfats
And may Allah grant us this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen.
Original post by Aleon
like British culture .

Define British Culture in your own words. Just curious to know.
Original post by Aleon
It's fact, that at current rates of migration and birth rates, the UK will cease to be majority white in 2030, and become Muslim majority in 2050, there are already many towns around the UK and in boroughs of London where this is happening.

The left always bleat on about protecting cultures and promoting diversity, but they are not, they are making every country look like every other country. It's like paint pots, you can have a variety of different colours, across the world, or mix them all together into one sludgy colour and pour them all into pots and then say, oh look how diverse they are, every pot has this same mix.

Islam is taking over, they dominate the middle east, asia and north africa, they are now branching out into Europe, North America.

Beautiful countries like Sweden, are getting completely subsumed, there is no swedish culture, just a multi culture, just like British culture is dying and being replaced by the same multi culti.

Personally, I'm anti-mass immigration because there have to be limits somewhere along the line but then I feel the anti-islam hysteria is ott imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's amusing how happily people will conflate non-Muslims with whites. Those interested in liberal democracy should be aiming to maintain a secular majority, which doesn't necessarily have to be white. A secular majority doesn't even have to be atheistic; anyone who is of the view that the teachings of religious scripture or senile clerics, of any denomination, are not to be allowed to meddle in lawmaking or politics is effectively secular.

Original post by Qari
Haha lmao OP do you even know how a law is passed? So I very much doubt that even if we had a majority muslim country that we'd get Shariah. It might get impose by.local councils but full blown Shariah Law I don't think it'll happen

You talk about Sharia law being imposed at a local level as if it's so much better than 'full blown Shariah Law'. Once you have competing courts of law in a country, the concept of equality before the law is dead in the water.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by perfectsymbology
Personally, I'm anti-mass immigration but then I feel the anti-islam hysteria is ott imo.

It's because the government/media is trying to silence people's anger, and dismiss it as racist and that only makes the anger build more.

No one voted to have the identity of our nation so dramatically changed over a decade or two. And to be fair to the Islamists, a lot of them don't even hide their intentions, they want to spread their ideology to the west, and have Shariah as worldwide law and religion, and their winning, they're moving in and taking over, not so much a trojan horse, more a trojan cavalry of horses, and by the time enough people finally wake up and see that actually their is a big threat to our way of life, it will probably be too late to stop it legislatively and thus we will be plunged into another war.
Because if there is one thing the western politicians know how to do its to shoot us in the foot and pick the wrong side. It stems back to the cold war era, thinking that if we help Islamists against the Soviet Union they might not want to kill us, repeated the same mistake in Libya, replaced a leader who had come around to the west after enough bribes, and replaced him with islamists blowing up western embassys. Supported the revolution against Mubarak in Egypt, and then watched as the Muslim Brotherhood took hold and started to implement shariah killing jews and christians banning night clubs etc
Reply 28
I don't usually like the BBC but this should be made compulsory viewing for everyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNvokBcKGw

The usually annoyingly leftie liberal Stacey Dooley has her Politically Correct world crushed when she comes face to face with islamists marching through the streets in their hundreds calling for Shariah law to be imposed on the UK brits to burn in hell, and even tell her that she's destined for hell too.
Reply 29
Original post by missfats
A joke... hence my next post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you think the fact that it was so believeable is a demonstration of the problem itself? If you hear a Christian or a Sikh or a Buddhist say that you can just laugh it off most of the time, but with Islam it sounds like a genuine threat.
Original post by Aleon
No he's not, there's nothing wrong with wanting a majority white country to remain majority white.

And who made you the moral authority on what principles and morals our country stands for, and don't parrot that boring old "tolerance, diversity submissiveness" that the left go on about so much.

Ever heard of -wait for it- WHITE MUSLIMS!!!! Gasp....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aleon
It's because the government/media is trying to silence people's anger, and dismiss it as racist and that only makes the anger build more.

No one voted to have the identity of our nation so dramatically changed over a decade or two. And to be fair to the Islamists, a lot of them don't even hide their intentions, they want to spread their ideology to the west, and have Shariah as worldwide law and religion, and their winning, they're moving in and taking over, not so much a trojan horse, more a trojan cavalry of horses, and by the time enough people finally wake up and see that actually their is a big threat to our way of life, it will probably be too late to stop it legislatively and thus we will be plunged into another war.
Because if there is one thing the western politicians know how to do its to shoot us in the foot and pick the wrong side. It stems back to the cold war era, thinking that if we help Islamists against the Soviet Union they might not want to kill us, repeated the same mistake in Libya, replaced a leader who had come around to the west after enough bribes, and replaced him with islamists blowing up western embassys. Supported the revolution against Mubarak in Egypt, and then watched as the Muslim Brotherhood took hold and started to implement shariah killing jews and christians banning night clubs etc

Western governments benefit hugely from anti-Islamic rhetoric, they might appear on the surface to condemn it but every media outlet runs stories on it, every press release keeps it current and every opportunity for real dialogue is dismissed. The US and UK governments are now in a situation where all they have to do is utter 'Islamisation' or 'Islamist extremist' and they can pass pretty much any law they like, whether it's relevant or not. Not to mention they would have almost no trouble declaring war on any Muslim state.

It's a well documented aim of both US and UK governments to spread their particular brand of non-representative democracy around the world with no appreciation of local culture. Afghanistan is a great example of why that is a terrible idea. How exactly is that different to the aim of global Islamists.
It may sound like some sort of Daily Mail ramblings, and I hate the DM as much as the next guy, but this really is a possibility.

The worst thing about it is no one will take it seriously until it's too late.
Reply 33
Original post by mojojojo101
Western governments benefit hugely from anti-Islamic rhetoric, they might appear on the surface to condemn it but every media outlet runs stories on it, every press release keeps it current and every opportunity for real dialogue is dismissed. The US and UK governments are now in a situation where all they have to do is utter 'Islamisation' or 'Islamist extremist' and they can pass pretty much any law they like, whether it's relevant or not. Not to mention they would have almost no trouble declaring war on any Muslim state.

It's a well documented aim of both US and UK governments to spread their particular brand of non-representative democracy around the world with no appreciation of local culture. Afghanistan is a great example of why that is a terrible idea. How exactly is that different to the aim of global Islamists.

Trying to spread liberal democracy where everyone is protected is very different to trying to spread a system where you are killed for simply not covering your face, or kissing the person you love.

People love to do all this "USA is just as bad as... [insert here]" but it's just not true, Anjem choudary is allowed to walk the streets a free man preaching hate because the western govts don't want to be seen as racist for arresting him
Reply 34
Original post by IBBOOM
lol England would not exist as 'England' anymore for this to happen.

In all honesty the middle east would be a radioactive wasteland before this.

As much chance as a ruling Christian majority of Iran.

How ignorant can you be? The Maths don't lie, they are well on course to be a majority in the UK one day, they already are a majority in a few towns/cities.

You can't just bury your head and say no this won't happen, when every indicator is saying that it will.

Their birth rate is more than double ours, large swathes come in through migration or asylum, the numbers dont lie
Original post by Aleon
Trying to spread liberal democracy where everyone is protected is very different to trying to spread a system where you are killed for simply not covering your face, or kissing the person you love.

People love to do all this "USA is just as bad as... [insert here]" but it's just not true, Anjem choudary is allowed to walk the streets a free man preaching hate because the western govts don't want to be seen as racist for arresting him

Liberal Democracy is not a panacea and the amount of bloodshed in the name of protecting it suggests that it is far from the best on offer.

What makes the religious fundamentalists of the US any worse? Just of the top of my head I can think of people who have said gays should be closed behind walls and starved to death, that women shouldn't be able to vote, that black people don't deserve human rights...
Reply 36
Original post by mojojojo101
Liberal Democracy is not a panacea and the amount of bloodshed in the name of protecting it suggests that it is far from the best on offer.

What makes the religious fundamentalists of the US any worse? Just of the top of my head I can think of people who have said gays should be closed behind walls and starved to death, that women shouldn't be able to vote, that black people don't deserve human rights...

Just because lots of evil groups want to destroy democracy and we have to defend ourselves doesn't mean its a bad idea, no doubt you probs believe Israel doesn't have a right to defend itself either.

Again you've made a rather large false comparison, yeah its not great in the SOuth of the US, where familys will disown a son for being gay for example, but if I were gay, I'd rather live in the Southern US, than under Shariah where my family wouldnt just disown me, I'd be stoned to death.
Simple enforce the English Bill of Rights and watch the Muslim population shrink over the decades as they on mass convert to Protestantism or Anglicanism. What you need to do is give Muslims an alternative to Islam which doesn't mean they have to stop being a Muslim. This is Protestantism. Secularism isn't the answer because it means forcing them to make a choice between having faith or not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by IBBOOM
I am not being ignorant, just stating fact. The numbers are exact, and that is exactly why this will not happen.

Do you think the UK will allow this to happen? That is why this will not happen, and the figures support just that.

What evidence do you have to suggest it won't happen, you can't just say "the uk wont allow it" because for the last 2 decades they have, let's face it, Labour actively encourage it, and the Conservatives havent won a majority outright since 1992, even some conservatives don't seem to consider it a problem.

The demographics don't lie, at the current rate the UK will no longer be majority white in 15 years, another 20 years after that it will be majority Muslim. What evidence do you have to suggest there is going to be a sudden change in the rates.

Some have suggested not providing child benefits to muslims, or blocking muslim immigration, but politicians even UKIP wouldn't do this, as the media would cry racism. There are already Islamists parties in countries like Netherlands and Belgium that are winning seats to parliament, sure its only a few seats right now, but the number is growing.
Reply 39
Original post by Aleon
By limiting migration from countries such as Pakistan, Somalia, Iran etc and also encouraging the white population to reproduce more.

Last time I checked there were plenty of non-white people who are not Islamic as well.

That aside I think the world would benefit from Islam and the other religions which were built on bloodshed (yes Christianity too) and that have hate speech in their scriptures and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in our lifetime religion starts to be wiped out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending