The Student Room Group

MSc Islamic Finance and MSc Islamic Finance and Management for non Finance Graduate

Hey everyone!

I am seriously considering studying MSc Islamic Finance and MSc Islamic Finance and Management in Durham University. The thing is that I do not have any financial background and studied Arabic studies for my BA.

In the requirements it does not mention that any financial degree is required it also says that candidate should be familiar with quantitative economics and finance.

My question is, does anyone recommend studying this degree or is it better to study finance and then specialize in Islamic finance?

Would appreciate some advise

Thanks!
Reply 1
Durham is definitely a good uni for finance, probably the best in northern england. BUT im not sure whether it is much so for Islamic Finance, which I believe is quite different from what other finance student will study. Nonetheless since it is quite a unique course, I guess it will still help your career.

On the other hand, if you have either experience in quantitative subjects, nor economics, Your chance of admission would probably be slim. Most finance programs have strong preference of economics, math, engineering or at least business management students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending