The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Received a conditional offer for Computer Science, anyone know how good it is here?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
On a slightly different topic... I've heard the town/night life at Hertfordshire is pretty poor.. It this true? Does it bother anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just went to visit the town today actually, and yeah, it kinda sucked. There's a big shopping outlet centre that's got quite a few restaurants (chiquitos, f&b, pizza express etc.) and a huge 24h Asda, but other than that I couldn't really find anything else. Coming from London myself it seemed really quiet, but to be fair I don't mind that much seeing as central London is so close.
Original post by Sophieru
On a slightly different topic... I've heard the town/night life at Hertfordshire is pretty poor.. It this true? Does it bother anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That bothered me too so when I went to my interview I asked some second year students and they said it's actually not that bad. They say that Watford and St Albans are pretty close and they're good for clubbing and things like that so it made me feel a bit better:smile: Also, they seemed to really like The Forum and the events there :smile:
Original post by RadioStudent
That bothered me too so when I went to my interview I asked some second year students and they said it's actually not that bad. They say that Watford and St Albans are pretty close and they're good for clubbing and things like that so it made me feel a bit better:smile: Also, they seemed to really like The Forum and the events there :smile:

That actually helps to much, thank you! Got really worried that it would be dead in the evenings with nothing to do 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hercules5
Just went to visit the town today actually, and yeah, it kinda sucked. There's a big shopping outlet centre that's got quite a few restaurants (chiquitos, f&b, pizza express etc.) and a huge 24h Asda, but other than that I couldn't really find anything else. Coming from London myself it seemed really quiet, but to be fair I don't mind that much seeing as central London is so close.

Yeah it's a shame that it's got such a poor town compared to others, you'd a thought it'd be better seeing as it's a uni town!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That actually helps to much, thank you! Got really worried that it would be dead in the evenings with nothing to do 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the same😝 I don't want my uni life to be boring😂 I also heard that they do coach trips to clubs in London sometimes so that would be good!
Is freshers any good at herts anyone know? (Priorities? 😂😂) x
Original post by jessicalsimmsox
Is freshers any good at herts anyone know? (Priorities? ������������) x

I've got about 5-6 friends in herts and they've all said freshers was amazing with loads to do, they do coach parties to watford and back during the year as well so should never be boring.
I've got about 5-6 friends in herts and they've all said freshers was amazing with loads to do, they do coach parties to watford and back during the year as well so should never be boring.

Ah good sounds good! Can't waittt
Original post by trisharose
Congratulations! Still waiting for their decision for my application. When did you have your interview? :smile:

Hey! I had it the 28th of January and they told me i had my place the 19th of Feburary! :smile:
Original post by Rachiej-97
Hey! I had it the 28th of January and they told me i had my place the 19th of Feburary! :smile:

Had my interview on the 4th of feb and got my place on the 2nd of March! Congrats to us! :biggrin:
Hey guys, current University of Hertfordshire Law student here. If you've any questions about the university in general I'm always a PM/Visitor Message or quote away :borat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in St. Albans that's just down the road from the uni and the nightlife is good I just suggest going to Watford for it or to St. Albans for it. But freshers at the forum is good as well!!

You've got St. Albans and Watford down the road which are good. Watford has a massive shopping centre and St. Albans has a good shopping centre too and there only about 10 mins away!
Is anyone doing Adult Nursing at herts in September , I need to start looking at applying for Halls .. Not really sure where to start

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilycarr16
I live in St. Albans that's just down the road from the uni and the nightlife is good I just suggest going to Watford for it or to St. Albans for it. But freshers at the forum is good as well!!

Thank you, it's handy to get some advice from someone who lives near!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ex_Bootneck
Is anyone doing Adult Nursing at herts in September , I need to start looking at applying for Halls .. Not really sure where to start

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am and not too sure myself tbh
Original post by jessicalsimmsox
I am and not too sure myself tbh

Oh well, I'm sure it'll all work out. Congratulations on getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I'm correct I don't think you can apply for accommodation until April. However I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending