The Student Room Group

Converting to biology at Oxford?

Hi everyone :smile: I've just received an offer to study Medicine at Oxford and so am obviously thrilled, but I still have a nagging thought that I should have done bio. I really want to do something with my life that's meaningful (from my perspective) and so have been battling between medicine and conservation work for a long time. It would really set my mind at ease if I knew that I may be able to convert from Medicine to Biology, as, for me, it's so important as it would entail a completely different career path and lifestyle. Thanks for any responses :smile:
Original post by mjenks12
Hi everyone :smile: I've just received an offer to study Medicine at Oxford and so am obviously thrilled, but I still have a nagging thought that I should have done bio. I really want to do something with my life that's meaningful (from my perspective) and so have been battling between medicine and conservation work for a long time. It would really set my mind at ease if I knew that I may be able to convert from Medicine to Biology, as, for me, it's so important as it would entail a completely different career path and lifestyle. Thanks for any responses :smile:

Yes its possible. And not that hard to be honest. Likely you'd have to go back to beginning of first year in 2016 though unless you switched really quickly (and its definitely not a decision to rush so probably don't do that!).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nexttime
Yes its possible. And not that hard to be honest. Likely you'd have to go back to beginning of first year in 2016 though unless you switched really quickly (and its definitely not a decision to rush so probably don't do that!).

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!

Its a common switch made for the people who might be struggling with the medicine course.
Reply 4
Original post by nexttime
Its a common switch made for the people who might be struggling with the medicine course.

Thanks! Are you a current student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Are you a current student?

A former student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending