The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you like her go for her. It sounds as if she wants a three way race, so you should at least try to dislodge the boyfriend and win! If that doesnt work out move on.
Reply 21
I would do that but I got to see her everyday and I wouldn't like things to go bad because of that... Then it's quite hard to see her and act like foolish!
Reply 22
I have gone with her to the station today, she had to wait for her train so I went with her... We have talked for a while and she said I smelt well and she was like touching me and stuff. Then when I was coming home I got a text from her saying 'Thank you for coming with me. Kisses'. I might talk to her tonight. I am quite nervous since I don't know what the situation is at the moment and I don't know how to act.
sergioib
I have gone with her to the station today, she had to wait for her train so I went with her... We have talked for a while and she said I smelt well and she was like touching me and stuff. Then when I was coming home I got a text from her saying 'Thank you for coming with me. Kisses'. I might talk to her tonight. I am quite nervous since I don't know what the situation is at the moment and I don't know how to act.

She is cleary very into you. So either she is going to dump that guy for you if you play your cards right, or she is the kind of girl who will not confine herself to one guy. Sounds win-win to me. You may not be able to live with being a second wheel for long, but you could enjoy it for a while.
Reply 24
I know, that's what makes me think about it but yesterday I found out she fancies another guy, apart from doing that with me and apart from having a boyfriend so I don't really know what to do or what the situation is about.
Reply 25
Well, these developments kind of put a new spin on the whole situation. I guess on the positive side now you know that she likes someone else at least you can make a more informed decision about what you are going to do :rolleyes:

I would suggest that really you should take the risk and confront her on the issue :eek: I know that seems pretty daunting but there is nothing worse than hearing snippets of information coming from various friends at various times. The most accurate way of finding out whether she liks you or not is to simply ask her. If she will not commit one way or the other then you'll have to either decide to wait for her to make her mind up or move on.
Reply 26
Thanks for your advice but... do you know how embarrassed I would be if I do that? I mean, if she said yes it would all be beautiful and stuff but what if she said no? I would be like that for the rest of my life at university! I don't know... I have been with her today as well, we went out of university together and then when we said goodbye she kissed me grabbing my waist (I haven't seen her kissing other guys saying goodbye). It's so confusing!
You can never be successful with women if you focus on your fear of rejection. She rejects you - so what? You have got to learn to see that as her loss. Michael Jordan had a lower average shoot to score ratio than many less skilled players, when asked why he said "I miss every shot that I dont take." In order to be successful with a few beautiful women in your life you are going to have to learn to accept being rejected by a great many; if you never even try to score you will always fail by default.

I think this girl is in lust with you - get some balls and give it a shot.
Reply 28
I got some new news!

Yesterday she sat next to me in English literature and yesterday night she told me she had felt nervous because of that and that she had never felt nervous when sitting next to a guy.

After our classes she took the bus with me and she had to do some paperwork in the city centre. We stood there before saying goodbye but no one said anything we wanted to say. I was going to say I could go with her but I was afraid she thought I was stalking her or something. When we talked at night she said she was willing for me to have gone with her!

Apart from that, she told me she had been thinking a lot of me, and she said I was very special for her. She also hinted we both felt the same.

I think things are getting better if I am taking things the way they are meant to be.
Reply 29
Well...its obvious, you have to tell her how you feel!

Its blatantly, painfully obvious she is into you, tell her how you feel, if you get rejected then shi t happens, if you get accepted tho, thats what you wanted isn't it?

Graham
Reply 30
I agree with the fact it's really obvious now so I think things can change in the next days, I will try to show her I am there for her so basically she would just have to step forward and dumb her boyfriend for me if that's what she wants.
sergioib
I agree with the fact it's really obvious now so I think things can change in the next days, I will try to show her I am there for her so basically she would just have to step forward and dumb her boyfriend for me if that's what she wants.

Think about it from her perspective: she is not going to dump her boyfriend if she isnt certain that she is going to get together with you. So you need to tell her how you feel. Being 'there for her' is not going to help you, if you make yourself too available she will cease to value you as much, do you understand what I am saying? When you have lots of chocolate that you can eat at any time you arent too bothered about it, when you have a little bit of chocolate so that you can eat one piece a day or less it will be more desirable and special to you.

You need to tell her you want to be with her, and if she doesnt choose to dump her boyfriend straight away and get together with you, then you need to see her less often so that she misses you a bit more and changes her mind.
Reply 32
I think I got your point. So you mean I had better not show myself a lot so that she realises if she misses me or not or something like that because if she sees me too much she will not feel anything special, or something... Well, actually, she's gone to a resort hotel for the weekend so I don't think we will talk till Monday, let's see if she misses me or something, I am starting to miss her, though
Reply 33
Hello! She is now in Oxford, she is staying there for three weeks.

I wrote a letter for her, not saying I loved her but letting her know she was special for me and stuff. I also wrote a story of what I thought when I first saw her. I told her she would only be able to open the letter once she was in the UK and so did she.

She later sent me a text message saying it was the most special letter she had ever read and that she loved it.

I really hope she thinks about me while she is there and decides to dump his boyfriend when she comes back...
Can I just say that I really do think this girl likes you but please please don't do any more until she has split up with her boyfriend, it's not fair on him and she shouldn't be stringing him along if she's saying all this stuff to you behind his back. If it's meant to be, which it sounds like it is, it will happen but please be patient and wait til she's single again to avoid humiliating this guy. It does sound like she's enjoying the attention of having a boyfriend but being pursued by someone else (this isn't a character attack, a hell of a lot of people are like this) and you don't want to get together with someone simply because they're enjoying the illicit thrill of it all, she has to genuinely want to be with you. She shouldn't be dumping her boyfriend for someone else simply because they've flirted with her, she should realise that things aren't going to work out for them regardless of external events, and if this isn't the case then you're in kind of a difficult position because she may end up resenting you later on if things go wrong for you two as a couple - "I broke it off with so-and-so to be with you and now look what you've done" etc. If you take a step back to just being plain friendly you will see what happens between her and the other guy and then you'll know exactly how she feels.
Reply 35
gbduo
Well...its obvious, you have to tell her how you feel!

Its blatantly, painfully obvious she is into you, tell her how you feel, if you get rejected then shi t happens, if you get accepted tho, thats what you wanted isn't it?

Graham

ditto

go for it, but yeah wait til the boyfriend is out of the picture. but then again, it could be a rebound thing.. at the same time, maybe you should back off and let her reassess her relationship with her current boyfriend and finally decide whether it's you she definitely wants.

meh, good luck no matter what :hugs:
Perhaps we need a new thread - how do you displace a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Reply 37
Thank you all!

Yes, a new thread should be cool, lol, although I don't want to be bad and if she needs to dump his boyfriend I want it to be because they don't love each other, not because of me...
Reply 38
Ditto all the comments about making sure she's dumped her boyf before you get involved with her.
BUT, what happens when you start going out with her? Sounds like she may have a wandering eye? Just be careful and try not to get your feelings hurt x
Reply 39
Hi there! She's now in Oxford improving her English and well, I sometimes call her to see how things go and stuff, and guess what... The first time we spoke on the phone we talked for 1 hour and a half and the second time we talked for TWO HOURS! She also told me she wrote a letter for me and she will send it in the next years. She also said she thinks about me and she imagines me with her there in Oxford but then she realises I am not actually there (or something like that) and she said she wants to come back and see me!

Latest

Trending

Trending