The Student Room Group

Re-sitting an. A level

Im currently doing the first year of a BTEC course at a city college after spending 2 years at Six form doing A levels. In the first year I took my AS and didn't do that great but went on to my second year. In that second year I was depressed and ended up with 50% attendance and did not sit any exams.
I was offered the chance to do my A2's again this year but hated the sixth form as it was really small,too far away and I disliked the work environment, so I moved to a much larger college in a closer location for a fresh start.
I am keen to re-sit Politics however as this is a subject I'm passionate about, but my college don't offer politics. I was wondering if there was any way I could just sit Gov-pol, in the same way places let you sit GCSE's.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Just noticed I buggered up the thread title, damn.
Reply 2
Thanks for the help guys :colondollar:
If you're willing to teach yourself then you could ask your school to enter you for the exams at your college, though I think you'd have to pay for your own entry. The deadlines for being entered are soon so I would recommend speaking to the exams officer as soon as possible.
Reply 4
Original post by SJSS
I am keen to re-sit Politics however as this is a subject I'm passionate about, but my college don't offer politics. I was wondering if there was any way I could just sit Gov-pol.

Yes, go and talk to the exams offiecr about it. Exams costs around £20-£25 each. If your current college won't let you sit it there then you can ring round (there is advice to private candidates on the exam board websites) and find somewhere else willing to let you take it as a private candidate. Start asap though as the entry deadline with the exams boards is 21 Feb and many places will not accept private candidates after the end of january.

Quick Reply

Latest