The Student Room Group

Film Production Portfolio Help

Hi so for my film production courses a portfolio is required. Now i have some work i can use. I was wondering if i should use a full 4 minute short film and a 30 second sequence that are my best work or use a variety of clips to fill up the 5mins required. Any examples would be great. Anyone else doing this course what are you including in your portfolio?
Original post by whitty1001
Hi so for my film production courses a portfolio is required. Now i have some work i can use. I was wondering if i should use a full 4 minute short film and a 30 second sequence that are my best work or use a variety of clips to fill up the 5mins required. Any examples would be great. Anyone else doing this course what are you including in your portfolio?

Hey, which course and uni is this for? Most admissions tutors would prefer to see full pieces of work or short extracts of work rather than a showreel. Quality over quantity!
Reply 2
Original post by dlwilson97
Hey, which course and uni is this for? Most admissions tutors would prefer to see full pieces of work or short extracts of work rather than a showreel. Quality over quantity!

UCA Farnham. So I should use my two best over all my other average pieces of work?
Original post by whitty1001
UCA Farnham. So I should use my two best over all my other average pieces of work?

Yes definitely! Quality over quantity
Reply 4
Original post by dlwilson97
Yes definitely! Quality over quantity

Sweet. Cheers for the advice.
Hi, I'm currently studying film production at Uca Farnham .. I'd advise you NOT to go there! I'm actually looking to transfer from there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest