The Student Room Group

Why did the Paris attacks get more coverage than the Peshawar school massacre?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Obviously it was a terrible thing and it should never have happened, but I live in France and I am honestly sick of hearing about it. For a good few days afterwards they didn't show a single other news story on the evening news, just repeated the same stuff over and over again for the entire programme, or found any slight angle to take on it and talk about that for half an hour.

Even now it's still taking over the news when there are so many other (worse/equally as news worthy) things happening all over the world that I would like to know about. Sure, they are free to still broadcast stuff about it, it was a big thing to happen here but is it really still headline news?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pies
Obviously it was a terrible thing and it should never have happened, but I live in France and I am honestly sick of hearing about it. For a good few days afterwards they didn't show a single other news story on the evening news, just repeated the same stuff over and over again for the entire programme, or found any slight angle to take on it and talk about that for half an hour.

Even now it's still taking over the news when there are so many other (worse/equally as news worthy) things happening all over the world that I would like to know about. Sure, they are free to still broadcast stuff about it, it was a big thing to happen here but is it really still headline news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great objective view from you , thanks. Although I condemn this act of violence , it was a typical move by the western media. We ( USA + Europe ) killed over 150,000 civilians in Iraq alone since 2003, but when 12 people in France getting killed we are all of the sudden highly threatened by Muslims. Populistic BS.
I would personally just put it down to geographical location, news networks wanting to draw as many viewers as possible, and racial stereotypes.
Because white people dying is more important.
Muslims killing other Muslims happening a lot lately. Terrorist attacks are rare, at least one that's are carried out as most are thwarted.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Pakistani city of Peshawar has begun burying its dead after a Taliban attack at a school killed 132 children.The father of the children was too traumatised to comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending