The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Victoria Halls Nottingham (2015 Applicants)

I'm looking at applying for Victoria Halls as its like £30 cheaper p/w compared to NTU's halls. It's located in the city centre but i'll be studying Computer Science S/W over at Clifton Campus.
I'm currently in a gap year so my course is all sorted but i just need to book accommodation.
Anyone else looking at booking at Victoria Halls?
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jollinsss
I'm looking at applying for Victoria Halls as its like £30 cheaper p/w compared to NTU's halls. It's located in the city centre but i'll be studying Computer Science S/W over at Clifton Campus.
I'm currently in a gap year so my course is all sorted but i just need to book accommodation.

I'm planning on staying at Victoria Halls as i saw it is much cheaper than staying in the halls provided by the uni.
Reply 3

I'm going to be studying Biochemistry at Clifton campus too, but yeah I was looking at either glasshouse our Victoria Halls as its waaayyyy cheaper than halls of residence but I'm just wondering wether VH will provide the same kinda feel for student life, like will they allow flat parties and stuff? Struggle is real! Have you booked it yet? I think our campus is like 20minutes by bus from the city centre but I'd rather get a bus pass (£250 for the whole year) than pay £30 extra per week!
Reply 4
Original post by mylyndel
I'm going to be studying Biochemistry at Clifton campus too, but yeah I was looking at either glasshouse our Victoria Halls as its waaayyyy cheaper than halls of residence but I'm just wondering wether VH will provide the same kinda feel for student life, like will they allow flat parties and stuff? Struggle is real! Have you booked it yet? I think our campus is like 20minutes by bus from the city centre but I'd rather get a bus pass (£250 for the whole year) than pay £30 extra per week!

Yeah I've booked my accommodation at Victoria Halls! £89 p/w :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah I've booked my accommodation at Victoria Halls! £89 p/w :smile:

Do you think flat parties are allowed? And are guests allowed to stay too? I feel sort of okay now knowing I'm not gonna be the only one from clifton!
Reply 6
Do you think flat parties are allowed? And are guests allowed to stay too? I feel sort of okay now knowing I'm not gonna be the only one from clifton!

Yeah it says guests are allowed to stay! I'm glad I won't be the only one aswell!
Reply 7
Yeah it says guests are allowed to stay! I'm glad I won't be the only one aswell!

Yay! Ahaha we could be bus buddies!
Reply 8
Yay! Ahaha we could be bus buddies!

Bus w***ers 🌚😂
Reply 9
Bus w***ers 🌚😂

Basically! Unless you can drive us!! 😏
Reply 10
Basically! Unless you can drive us!! 😏

There's no where to park at victoria halls even if I did want to bring my car D:
Reply 11
There's no where to park at victoria halls even if I did want to bring my car D:

Man, that sucks, oh well we can be bus ******s all our life!
Have you tried Study Inn in Nottingham?
Reply 13

i've just booked victoria halls too and my course is over at clifton, could you lot do with another bus ****** buddy? :tongue: what rooms did you lot go for, they only had single ensuite left the £89 p/w one, is this just a smaller room with a single bed? :confused:
Reply 14
Original post by Kay_96
i've just booked victoria halls too and my course is over at clifton, could you lot do with another bus ****** buddy? :tongue: what rooms did you lot go for, they only had single ensuite left the £89 p/w one, is this just a smaller room with a single bed? :confused:

Hahaja ofcourse! The more the merrier! What you studying?
I went for the single bed and room aswell!
Reply 15
Hahaja ofcourse! The more the merrier! What you studying?
I went for the single bed and room aswell!

i hope the halls are lively! i spoke to the woman on the phone today and she said they have fresher events and reps so hopefully it'll be gooooood, studying English, wbu? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Kay_96
i hope the halls are lively! i spoke to the woman on the phone today and she said they have fresher events and reps so hopefully it'll be gooooood, studying English, wbu? :smile:

Let's hope that it's lively!!
Im studying computer science!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending