The Student Room Group

Cardiff and Bristol Dental Hygiene 2015

Hi all.

Thought I'd make a group for this side of the map as they seem to be the last unis to take on.

Plus I'm. Being a bit selfish as these are the only two I've applied to :colondollar:

Would be lovely to speak to people who have applied and if and when the interviews start.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
YAY! Ive got an interview at Bristol for 10th February. ANyone else going? cwtchy have you heard yet?
Reply 2
Yeay!!! Well done! I've got an interview on the 2nd! I've still not heard from Cardiff though x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by cwtchy
Yeay!!! Well done! I've got an interview on the 2nd! I've still not heard from Cardiff though x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is your interview on the 2nd?
I htink I have to do MMIs for Bristol, do you know what you have to prepare for ?
Reply 4
Lol sorry! I was too excited in my reply!
It's for Bristol too!

Where you from Neddy? What's your back ground?

I've had a search through the old posts and I think it can be things from testing your dexterity to role play with actors like the nursing exam.
Reply 5
Original post by cwtchy
Lol sorry! I was too excited in my reply!
It's for Bristol too!

Where you from Neddy? What's your back ground?

I've had a search through the old posts and I think it can be things from testing your dexterity to role play with actors like the nursing exam.

Hey, I'm a Dental Nurse and went back to collegue to do my A level biology. I'm from fairly near to Bristol in Somerset.

I've heard Bristol do a round of interviews to test you. My nursing friend went last year and they had to do a ethical test and a practical test and a why do you want to do this career kind of question. What date are you going for yours?

Any one else get a date for Bristol Uni interviews?
Hey I have an interview at Bristol on 10th Feb too :u::u:
Reply 7
Mines on the 10th as well (why I thought the second???)

I'm still waiting on Cardiff! Typical them to be one of the last to respond! :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I'm applying to both as well, got an interview for bristol on the 10th too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I still haven't heard back from Cardiff. Has anyone else?
Original post by TTMarie

No nothing from Cardiff yet :frown: anyone know when they usually get in touch?
Reply 11
Original post by carolinesmith91
No nothing from Cardiff yet :frown: anyone know when they usually get in touch?

I haven't a clue :s-smilie: do you know how they get in touch? Do I have to just keep checking UCAS track?
Original post by TTMarie
I haven't a clue :s-smilie: do you know how they get in touch? Do I have to just keep checking UCAS track?

Yeah :/ hopefully it shouldn't be much longer now x
Reply 13
Original post by TTMarie

No, nothing from them yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cwtchy

How did you guys find today? I thought it was horrific and unfair. I thought we'd at least get some one to one time with someone. Not just stations :dontknow:

Gosh :frown: what did you have to do?? I never applied to Bristol x
Reply 15
[QUOTE="carolinesmith91;53547709"]
Original post by cwtchy

How did you guys find today? I thought it was horrific and unfair. I thought we'd at least get some one to one time with someone. Not just stations :dontknow:

Gosh :frown: what did you have to do?? I never applied to Bristol x

I've heard that Cardiff is also stations. What did you have to do??
Reply 16
You go in, have your picture taken, get taken up to the stations, 5 different questions in which time I didn't have enough time to complete most of them. Some of them are verbal another data analysis. Then that's it. No personal interview. Nothing to do with pt care or general dentistry. Not what I expected at all. I could understand the stations if they did personal interviews. Just my opinion :erm:
Original post by cwtchy
You go in, have your picture taken, get taken up to the stations, 5 different questions in which time I didn't have enough time to complete most of them. Some of them are verbal another data analysis. Then that's it. No personal interview. Nothing to do with pt care or general dentistry. Not what I expected at all. I could understand the stations if they did personal interviews. Just my opinion :erm:

That's weird! :0 What where the questions?! You would think it would be dentistry related haha! Is it all done in a group or something?
Reply 18
Original post by carolinesmith91
That's weird! :0 What where the questions?! You would think it would be dentistry related haha! Is it all done in a group or something?

I did a work experience day at Cardiff and was told then that there isn't really a personal interview. How can they tell if you have people skills etc?
Original post by TTMarie
I did a work experience day at Cardiff and was told then that there isn't really a personal interview. How can they tell if you have people skills etc?

Ohh so what do they do?? that seems strange!

Quick Reply

Latest