The Student Room Group

Disney Cultural Exchange Program Experiences

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lyrical_lie
I found it fine, it was a phone interview where they just check you don't have tattoos etc. Then they have sister universities across the UK, the Scottish one is Robert Gordens in Aberdeen so they had all their Scottish interviews there. You get interviewed in 2s. It was my bestfriend and I who were interviewed together. It's important to show them you're not competing against the other candidate but that you can chat and shine with your experience. I went 2nd year going into third year and yup first time I applied I got in. I know in England their big sister school where loads of people come from is Edge Hill.

Just to say, they've changed the interview process, so they don't have phone interviews anymore.

You also have to actually be at university to apply, meaning you cannot go during the summer of your first year. :yy:
Original post by Aula
Just to say, they've changed the interview process, so they don't have phone interviews anymore.

You also have to actually be at university to apply, meaning you cannot go during the summer of your first year. :yy:

I think in regards to colleges these are different in Scotland. By college I mean doing HNC etc. As one of my friends definitely got in and was at College not University. However I think England calls college something different. I remember being really surprised she got in as she wasn't at University. It could have been different back in 2012/2013 though :smile:
Original post by lyrical_lie
I think in regards to colleges these are different in Scotland. By college I mean doing HNC etc. As one of my friends definitely got in and was at College not University. However I think England calls college something different. I remember being really surprised she got in as she wasn't at University. It could have been different back in 2012/2013 though :smile:

Yeah college in England is what you do before university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
Yeah college in England is what you do before university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just found out officially from Yummy jobs that you have to have done a full year of university before you can apply so in my case I'll have to apply for summer 2017 :smile:
I'm doing the program this summer and just wanted to let you know that it doesn't matter what degree you do and you cannot apply in first year x
Original post by Etuckerpres
I'm doing the program this summer and just wanted to let you know that it doesn't matter what degree you do and you cannot apply in first year x

So you can't go the summer after first year???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, only the summer after second year because you have to have completed at least a semester before you apply and you apply leading up to first semester so no going the summer after first year sadly x
Original post by Etuckerpres
Nope, only the summer after second year because you have to have completed at least a semester before you apply and you apply leading up to first semester so no going the summer after first year sadly x

Ah okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
So you can't go the summer after first year???

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, because you apply in the August/September with your uni email the year before you go, for example i'm applying this August for next summer =)
Reply 49
And if you do a foundation year and then you stay at the same university? Can you apply for the summer of the first year?
Original post by filipagr
And if you do a foundation year and then you stay at the same university? Can you apply for the summer of the first year?

I mean I guess nothings stopping you but applications have closed for this year anyway so i'm guessing you're looking at 2018?
Reply 51
Original post by Jackieox
I mean I guess nothings stopping you but applications have closed for this year anyway so i'm guessing you're looking at 2018?

Yes, let's see what happens.
I did it last year and it was the best thing I have ever down, it is hard work but its also worth it. I made the best friends ever and I know that is only my experience, and you might have a different one but for me it was amazing

Quick Reply

Latest