The Student Room Group

Starting Nursing this Jan, help.

So I was meant to be starting my degree in September 2015 but they rang and offered me a place to start on the 26th of Jan. I said yes because I feel sooner the better but now I feel a little stressed.

What things do I need to sort out?

I can easily move my HCA job to flexible/less hours but what else do I need to sort for starting/paying for/being ready for this?

Any guidance is helpful, thank you.
Original post by NovaWoodbane
So I was meant to be starting my degree in September 2015 but they rang and offered me a place to start on the 26th of Jan. I said yes because I feel sooner the better but now I feel a little stressed.

What things do I need to sort out?

I can easily move my HCA job to flexible/less hours but what else do I need to sort for starting/paying for/being ready for this?

Any guidance is helpful, thank you.

You need to get things such as student finance, bursary, accommodation sorted. Finance can take a while to get sorted so there is no guarantee it will be sorted by the time you start.

Secondly any paperwork required by the uni such as crb, occupational health etc. This is an on going process that will continue at uni but they usually get things underway before term starts.

Next all the usual back to school stuff. Any stationary you might want/need. There isn't any point buying textbooks as your library will have a good stock and you should find the books you like before you buy any.

A good pair of placement shoes... Comfortable, practical and black. Though as an hca you probably have a good pair already.

Finally make sure you have a bit of a break. You're about to start a very busy few years, enjoy your freedom while you can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending