The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else waiting for another university to respond so they can firm Cambridge?

I'm stuck waiting for Durham and their response doesn't even matter to me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mini-Me
Anyone else waiting for another university to respond so they can firm Cambridge?

I'm stuck waiting for Durham and they're response doesn't even matter to me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cancel them?
My son is waiting for LSE. They repeatedly email saying we'll contact you in x amount of weeks. He's no longer interested in LSE and wishes they would hurry up so he can make his choices. He did consider withdrawing his application or contacting LSE and asking them to just reject him outright but decided against it in case it caused confusion and further delay.
Original post by Mini-Me

I'm stuck waiting for Durham and they're response doesn't even matter to me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waiting for two more universities..
Still have one more interview though, and that might affect my insurance choice so not going to withdraw

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did mocks go for everyone?
Original post by EHZ17

Em meh. Weird. Got a B in physics(expected) then 100 100 100 in maths n fm. Need to focus on physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Had my mocks last week. Two of them went ok, but I'm not so sure about my econ mock - essays were weird but yeah ok overall.

I assume you've had yours...how were they?
Original post by physicsmaths
Em meh. Weird. Got a B in physics(expected) then 100 100 100 in maths n fm. Need to focus on physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A B? That's disgusting.

:wink:
Original post by stardude8
Had my mocks last week. Two of them went ok, but I'm not so sure about my econ mock - essays were weird but yeah ok overall.

I assume you've had yours...how were they?

Yeah, I've got all mine back except economics!

All of the went fairly well, definitely need to increase UMS in areas tho!

For some reason I chose to revise after mocks instead of before :P
My school delayed results for a week to allow the teachers to mark them and I still haven't got my economics :frown:
Original post by Mini-Me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only heard from Cambridge and Durham -_- .

It's just getting rude now.
Reply 1010
Original post by ILovePancakes
I've only heard from Cambridge and Durham -_- .

It's just getting rude now.

That's weird, did you apply for all your unis at the same time? Which ones?
Original post by EHZ17
Yeah, I've got all mine back except economics!

All of the went fairly well, definitely need to increase UMS in areas tho!

For some reason I chose to revise after mocks instead of before :P
My school delayed results for a week to allow the teachers to mark them and I still haven't got my economics :frown:

Cool - you don't need UMS any longer do you?

I still haven't got results yet, I'm just going on gut feeling - they delay ours too :angry:
Original post by TVIO
That's weird, did you apply for all your unis at the same time? Which ones?

Yeah, I applied on the 6th October. My first offer was Durham on the 18th Dec. It took so long that I thought my UCAS hadn't gone through :cry2:.

Waiting on Bristol, St. Andrews and Edinburgh.
Original post by EHZ17
A B? That's disgusting.

:wink:

It was the day before cambridge resukts day i was out of it. I left half way through lol haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Oh mocks.. mine were smack in the middle of two of my interviews (missed 3 for cambridge and 3 for another, edinburgh)
So mocks weren't really my priority ^^ I know I really have to revise though
Hope yours went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stardude8
Cool - you don't need UMS any longer do you?

I still haven't got results yet, I'm just going on gut feeling - they delay ours too :angry:

Need an A* somewhere :P I got an A* in M2 and mid As in the rest. I'm hoping for an A* in econ :biggrin:
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Oh mocks.. mine were smack in the middle of two of my interviews (missed 3 for cambridge and 3 for another, edinburgh)
So mocks weren't really my priority ^^ I know I really have to revise though
Hope yours went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! My interview prep carried me through mocks last week :P
Original post by physicsmaths
It was the day before cambridge resukts day i was out of it. I left half way through lol haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh we weren't allowed to leave half way through :P We you nervous for offer day or chill?
Original post by EHZ17
Need an A* somewhere :P I got an A* in M2 and mid As in the rest. I'm hoping for an A* in econ :biggrin:

They're all pretty good for mocks though - only need one A* and your grades should go up from mocks to real exams. I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about:wink:
Original post by EHZ17
Ahh we weren't allowed to leave half way through :P We you nervous for offer day or chill?

Lol i was literally gona die that morning. I tried to sleep for 24 hours straight and it didnt work lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending