The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Question about the Essential Requirements

Hello! I tried posting this before, but it failed.

London School of Economics is the only UK school I am applying to. I want to apply to the PPE or Philosophy and Economics Program.

The problem lies in the school's essential requirements. I have a predicted 45/45 from a school that doesn't grade inflate, but I don't have Math HL! My HL's are Economics, History, and English.

My question is, can I use AP Calculus BC as a substitute for the Math requirement? I plan on self-studying BC this year and getting a 5. I already took 4 other AP subjects before and received 5's. However, I won't have a predicted score for BC when I submit my UCAS. Would this lead to an auto-reject from LSE for me? Or would they give me a conditional offer?
Original post by drcharisma
Hello! I tried posting this before, but it failed.

London School of Economics is the only UK school I am applying to. I want to apply to the PPE or Philosophy and Economics Program.

The problem lies in the school's essential requirements. I have a predicted 45/45 from a school that doesn't grade inflate, but I don't have Math HL! My HL's are Economics, History, and English.

My question is, can I use AP Calculus BC as a substitute for the Math requirement? I plan on self-studying BC this year and getting a 5. I already took 4 other AP subjects before and received 5's. However, I won't have a predicted score for BC when I submit my UCAS. Would this lead to an auto-reject from LSE for me? Or would they give me a conditional offer?

The best and most useful answer will be from Admissions themselves. Just email them. I am sure they will be able to advice.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending