The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Considering people have been requesting a thread.

Edexcel C4 - Tuesday 16th June 2015

Hopefully this thread will motivate us all, and help us to achieve the grades we deserve.

Useful Links
Specification - http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20New%20GCE/UA035243_GCE_Lin_Maths_Issue_3.pdf
Forumlae Booklet - http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/GCE%20Curriculum%202000/[ARCHIVED]%20N38210A-GCE-Mathematical-Formulae-Statistical-Tables.pdf
Offical Past Papers - http://www.mathspapers.co.uk/edexcel.html

Examsolutions - www.examsolutions.net
Maths247 - www.m4ths.com
Question Booklets/Past Papers - http://www.madasmaths.com
C4 Solomon Papers and Gold/Silver/Bronze Papers - http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/

If you have any other websites you'd like to add, post them below and i'll edit this post.

Edexcel C3 June 2015 - Official Thread
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very nice. I think c4 is gonna be solid this year. Be sure to quote me when I turn out right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Hudl
Very nice. I think c4 is gonna be solid this year. Be sure to quote me when I turn out right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only just started the second chapter, i'm worried we're not going to finish in time. Planning on teaching myself integration and vectors from next week.
Reply 3
Oh yepee this thread is up :biggrin:
Where starting C4 next week - I have looked at the chapters hmm looks like I need to go over some things in brief
Reply 4
You boys doing Solomon papers for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Senll
You boys doing Solomon papers for C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't started them for C3 yet.
Reply 6
C4 doesn't seem that bad (2 chapters done so far) but that will probably change once we start integration lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
We have 1 & a half chapters left to learn but our teacher taught c4 so weird. After c3 differentiation we went to integration and did it up to integrating partial fractions then went to chapter 1 and did all of it in a lesson. Then back to integration then to chapter 2 then chapter 6 integration again to learn integraiton by parts and sub etc then we went to chapter 4 and did all of chapter 3 in one lesson yesterday and now back on integration to finish the rest of it before finally hitting vectors in chapter 5
The first topic my College decide to delve straight into is Integration. :redface: Who said Maths was going to be easy :work:
I guess this is where the real fun begins @calculus :albertein:
Original post by Kill3er
Only just started the second chapter, i'm worried we're not going to finish in time. Planning on teaching myself integration and vectors from next week.

Yes you should really get on that. I did C4 last year and we started around the same time as you. Barely finished and barely understood major concepts by the time the exam came around. Make sure you start integration as soon as possible.
Original post by Hudl
We have 1 & a half chapters left to learn but our teacher taught c4 so weird. After c3 differentiation we went to integration and did it up to integrating partial fractions then went to chapter 1 and did all of it in a lesson. Then back to integration then to chapter 2 then chapter 6 integration again to learn integraiton by parts and sub etc then we went to chapter 4 and did all of chapter 3 in one lesson yesterday and now back on integration to finish the rest of it before finally hitting vectors in chapter 5

whaa! we have only finished 2 chapters of C4!! The stress is real.

which topic is harder; vectors or integration?
Reply 11
Original post by PinkElephant16
whaa! we have only finished 2 chapters of C4!! The stress is real.

which topic is harder; vectors or integration?

Vectors is the chapter I'm yet to do but integration seems pretty hard when you first start it although it was highly rushed and taught to us straight after C3 further trig and diffrentiation which u really need to be good at to understand c4 integration. Now when I do trig it isnt as bad although still hard.

The stress is indeed real! We start vectors 1 lessons after tomorrows lesson :smile:
Reply 12
We started C4 today in class!
But the good thing is my friends and I have started on Integration - such a long chapter; 11 topics.
Is anyone doing D1? We've also finished that of.
Original post by Hudl
Vectors is the chapter I'm yet to do but integration seems pretty hard when you first start it although it was highly rushed and taught to us straight after C3 further trig and diffrentiation which u really need to be good at to understand c4 integration. Now when I do trig it isnt as bad although still hard.

The stress is indeed real! We start vectors 1 lessons after tomorrows lesson :smile:

lool. do u do further maths?
Reply 14
Any suggestions on mastering vectors?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by PinkElephant16
lool. do u do further maths?

No, there is a further trig chapter in c3 where u learn Sin ( A + A ) = 2SinACosA etc
Original post by Hudl
No, there is a further trig chapter in c3 where u learn Sin ( A + A ) = 2SinACosA etc

omgg how can I forget :'( Need to do some trig, pray for me :'(
Reply 17
We've just finished the trapezium rule in integration today, not much left to go but we haven't started D1. However we can decide to do M1, what would people advise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my school hasn't even started teaching c4 yet, dayum
I've just learnt the basic of C4 Integration:

- (ax+b)n types
- The exponential functions : ex, eax and e(ax+b)
- Reciprocal Functions : 1/x and 1/(ax+b)
- Integrals of the form : f'(x)/f(x)
- Integrals of the form : f'(x)ef(x)
- Trigonometric types & identities

Topics left:
- partial fraction
- substitution
- by parts
- applications
- differential equations

^ I have a lot of ground to cover :frown: even though that is only Integration... Hopefully I can learn all of integration (self-teaching) by half term and can grind the rest of C4 through the half-term in mid-Feb.

Quick Reply

Latest