The Student Room Group

Santander

At the moment I have a current account with Santander, but would like to switch to an student account. I just wondered what evidence would I have to take to the bank. Would I just need to take confirmation of my enrolment at univeristy as they will have all my personal detail stored on the computer ?
Reply 1
Something of that nature, yes. Basically you will have to show the bank proof from a third party that you are a uni student (or if you are applying to start in Sep 2015, that you have a confirmed uni place).

If it's not specified on the Santander website, then you should contact them to confirm what evidence they expect to see.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Woodland96
At the moment I have a current account with Santander, but would like to switch to an student account. I just wondered what evidence would I have to take to the bank. Would I just need to take confirmation of my enrolment at univeristy as they will have all my personal detail stored on the computer ?

normally banks expect to see a letter from ucas saying your university place is confirmed (ie unconditional). If your offer is based on you achieving certain results in exams then you'll have to wait til after your exams before you recieve it
Reply 3
Could I use my citzen card as prove of identification ? I do nt own driving licence and lost my passport
Reply 4
Original post by Woodland96
Could I use my citzen card as prove of identification ? I do nt own driving licence and lost my passport

Your identity isn't the issue as you're already a customer. It's your student status that you need to prove.
Reply 5
So all you need is your student finance form and confirmation to uni form. Do not need any I'd if I'm already an existent customer thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending