The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Foodatastic
One of my friends is. But I don't think anyone in this forum is.

Oh okay, guess I will see you all in September then! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in Turing too :biggrin:
I'm right now going home, I'll message you guys which house I'm in, but what does the letter say?

Really high chances are I'm in Turing though.
Original post by yasi98
Oh okay, guess I will see you all in September then! :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup.

Original post by Evelixx
I'm in Turing too :biggrin:

Nice, I'm not in Turing, That was merely a prediction, I'm in Somerville.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 823
Hi guys, I applied for HWSF in January and it turned out that i was 1 mark off being interviewed from the entrance exam, therefore I appealed at the last minute before the deadline and did not receive a reply probably because they probably didn't get the letter as it would have come to them after the due date, I just wanted to ask if I get good grades on results day (A to A*s for every subject) can I still approach HW and re-apply? and If I am allowed to do this what are the chances of me being accepted?
Reply 824
Original post by LordEA
Hi guys, I applied for HWSF in January and it turned out that i was 1 mark off being interviewed from the entrance exam, therefore I appealed at the last minute before the deadline and did not receive a reply probably because they probably didn't get the letter as it would have come to them after the due date, I just wanted to ask if I get good grades on results day (A to A*s for every subject) can I still approach HW and re-apply? and If I am allowed to do this what are the chances of me being accepted?

Im sure you can try, they did it last year. However this year they already have a waiting list so unless loads of people don't meet the offer your chances are fairly slim- but it's still possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 825
I just realised Wilberforce has the least house points and I was placed in that house. 😂
I'm so going to fail History and Economics. :'(
Is anyone going to a lecture?
Original post by Xctv
I just realised Wilberforce has the least house points and I was placed in that house. 😂

XD which has the most?
Original post by AtomicAJ
XD which has the most?

It's Somerville with the most, I'm in Wilberforce - with the very least.
Reply 830
Is anyone going to a lecture?

I am going to the maths lecture but they haven't replied to my email I've sent them a few days ago so I'm quite worried...
Original post by ewin30
I am going to the maths lecture but they haven't replied to my email I've sent them a few days ago so I'm quite worried...

They haven't replied to mine either. Maybe because it's the weekend?
Reply 832
Original post by Xctv

Me too😅
Reply 833
Original post by samispector
They haven't replied to mine either. Maybe because it's the weekend?

I think it is because we replied to them during the half term so it is likely that they haven't seen our emails yet.
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else hasn't received a letter about the induction days yet? Should I be worried? XD
I've been placed in Wilberforce house. :wink: I had a look on the HWSF website, but it doesn't really say what subjects are related to the houses and what the point system is about. :s-smilie:
Original post by Xctv

I was actually placed in that house as well :colondollar:
What subjects are you studying at A-level?
Original post by liquidconfidence
I was actually placed in that house as well :colondollar:
What subjects are you studying at A-level?

Me too. Don't worry it's because we're doing subjects like History, Politics etc. no need to panic about our house's lack of points.
Reply 838
Original post by Braidednightmare
Me too. Don't worry it's because we're doing subjects like History, Politics etc. no need to panic about our house's lack of points.

I don't think our subjects chosen for A Levels affects which house we are in. Me and my friend are doing the same A Level subjects but we are in different houses. I think that they placed us in different houses ramdomly.
Original post by ewin30
I don't think our subjects chosen for A Levels affects which house we are in. Me and my friend are doing the same A Level subjects but we are in different houses. I think that they placed us in different houses ramdomly.

Ok. Sorry i thought that was the case. My apologies.

Quick Reply