The Student Room Group

Studying a BTEC and A-levels

Hi, My name is Olivia and i'm new on here.

I'm currently at college studying the BTEC applied science diploma alongside AS level Mathematics and AS level English. I got an A in both maths and English at GCSE however only C's in science, hence the reason for studying a BTEC at college.

I'm slightly worried about what university courses are available for me with the courses that I am currently studying. Does anyone have any ideas what course I would be able to do at university? I am hoping to achieve B's in maths and English and Distinctions in Applied science at the end of the two years.

Thankyou so much to anyone who replies :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
It depends what you are thinking about studying at university, and/or if you have any idea what you want to do after uni.

You will have to apply to unis and courses that accept a BTEC, while most courses require 3 A-levels, there are various courses out there that accept BTEC. If you look on the general entry requirements page for the uni it will say if they accept BTEC or not, you can then look further to see which courses they accept BTEC for.

Quick Reply

Latest