The Student Room Group

Confused about definite integration/area under curve questions

How do i solve the ones with a curve and a line? I cant seem to find any information on the internet and the book i am using for my maths for the topic is useless ( its the edexcel AS maths C2 book, it gives the model answer to a really easy one and then the practice ones are way harder/more complex and i cant do them).

Because i never get how to take away or add the area( above or underneath) of a line or the little section it intersects into curve etc.So if anyone knows a video or maybe a handy picture that they can link than that would be great as well.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Nirm
How do i solve the ones with a curve and a line? I cant seem to find any information on the internet and the book i am using for my maths for the topic is useless ( its the edexcel AS maths C2 book, it gives the model answer to a really easy one and then the practice ones are way harder/more complex and i cant do them).

Because i never get how to take away or add the area( above or underneath) of a line or the little section it intersects into curve etc.So if anyone knows a video or maybe a handy picture that they can link than that would be great as well.

loads of questions of graded difficulty with solutions at this link

http://madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/basic_topics/calculus/integration_areas_intro.pdf

For videos U TUBE!
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
loads of questions of graded difficulty with solutions at this link

http://madasmaths.com/archive/maths_booklets/basic_topics/calculus/integration_areas_intro.pdf

For videos U TUBE!

Thanks for the link its really good. I did look in youtube but i cant find any videos for my problem, pretty much all the videos are about the basics of integration etc rather than solving any problems with lines involved
Reply 3
Original post by Nirm
Thanks for the link its really good. I did look in youtube but i cant find any videos for my problem, pretty much all the videos are about the basics of integration etc rather than solving any problems with lines involved

no worries

Quick Reply

Latest