The Student Room Group

Girlfriend won't let me vote

We were talking about politics the other day and basically my girlfriend won't let me go and vote because she doesnt want me voting UKIP

Idk what to do, how can I get her to let me vote?

Scroll to see replies

How is she going to stop you from voting, exactly?
Reply 2
If she is physically going to give you a beatdown if you try to leave the house to vote then you should probably call the police.
Take demand and control and be dominant. Don't let her take your right.

So she's allowed to vote but you're not?

Just vote although ukip is a poor choice. Ok I'm with the girl
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
How is she going to stop you from voting, exactly?

She didnt say but I dont want her breaking up with me or causing conflict between us, she just told me not to go out and vote, she told me to not leave the house without her on the general election day
Reply 5
Original post by bittr n swt
Take demand and control and be dominant. Don't let her take your right.

So she's allowed to vote but you're not?

She's not taking away my right but I dont know what she will do if I go and vote I really dont want her to break up with me or get mad

Shes going to vote greens
Go and vote and tell her you're going to, if she physically tries to stop you then break up with her, that amount of control is not right in a relationship. Hope you manage to sort it out and vote :smile:
Original post by Malfurion
She's not taking away my right but I dont know what she will do if I go and vote I really dont want her to break up with me or get mad

She shouldn't so controlling!

If you're that worried about it then don't bother voting? :s-smilie:
Original post by Malfurion

It's your right to vote so you should vote if you want to vote. Although as mentioned above, UKIP is a poor choice and they hold no sort of a solution to any problem. Green is a good choice though :P
I don't know what constituency you live in but law of averages says you won't get either a Green or UKIP MP so meh who cares just do it
You sir, are whipped. If you want to vote UKIP (which I advise) do it.
Also, she is wasting her vote on Green, they will never get power.
Not gonna lie, thread title made me laugh. Just say you're going to the shops or something, assuming you're not a troll.
Reply 12
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not gonna lie, thread title made me laugh. Just say you're going to the shops or something, assuming you're not a troll.

I already asked her what if I sneak off lol she said I'm not allowed to leave the house without her on that day
Original post by Dani California
Also, she is wasting her vote on Green, they will never get power.

And UKIP will? Do you read The Sun by any chance?
Original post by youarenot
And UKIP will? Do you read The Sun by any chance?

Better shot than Greens, by a long, long way. Last I heard, Cameron was refusing to rule out a coalition with them.
And no, I do not. Why?
You're a grown man, you can do what you want.
what are the relative merits of UKIP vs. Green?
Reply 17
Pairing? Unless she is going to vote...
Its not up to her to dictate whether you vote :s-smilie:.
What are your reasons for voting UKIP? And what are her reasons for not letting you vote?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending