The Student Room Group

Not your typical fat loss thread! heh

Listen Guys,
I could use some advice here. I know this board is full of people asking the same simplistic questions about diet and health..but my situation has me concerned.

Basically I do (and have for a while now) feel repulsive at times. Even though people have assured me im not and am actaully reasonably attractive :confused: Im a guy, 18 years old and just started uni. For a while I was doing regular cardio-vascular excersise, and was feeling better than ever (in mental terms especially). But due to circumstances, I was forced to stop for a while. as a consequence I became more depressed than ever (is excersise addictive??). Now that I am at uni, and i finally have an excersise bike in my room, I am starting to do regular excersise again.

Over the past couple of months I have become obsessed with the fat on my body (around hips and theighs especially!) despite being informed that I am thin!? I have no self-confidece in my physical self.
Anyway, today I got up and took a 'powerful' / controversial weight loss suplement, and did 1 hour of cardio on my bike. I felt great for a while, but it didn't last. I am thinking about doing another hour today (as well as taking more of the supplement - even though i already took the maximum dose).

Would 2 hours be overdoing it?
This supplement, as well as being a thermogenic, suppresses hunger. So all I have eaten today is a chicken sandwich! (i couldnt believe i wasnt hungry after that!) I will probably eat somthing now. What I want to know is will i see results by doing this 1/2 hours a dy cardio, taking this supplement and eating less??

any advice is much appreciated!
thanks!
Reply 1
Don't overdo it. If you spend let's say an hour each day on your exercise machine and don't starve yourself, you'll see good results in a couple of weeks.
If you spend longer on the machine and keep taking more of the supplement that suppresses hunger, you might end up in hospital instead.
Reply 2
kam
Don't overdo it. If you spend let's say an hour each day on your exercise machine and don't starve yourself, you'll see good results in a couple of weeks.
If you spend longer on the machine and keep taking more of the supplement that suppresses hunger, you might end up in hospital instead.

yes but the question is will i lose more fat that way? :redface:
Oh, you'll see results, as will everyone else. You're already thin, don't push it - what you're doing is dangerous. Stop it with the supplements - eat as much as you need to, just make sure it's good stuff. Fruit, for example, contains basically no fat, and eating an apple will fill you up as much as a chicken sandwich, but chicken has a lot of fat and protein and stuff in too which you don't seem to want. Eat more healthily and an hour's exercise a day is plenty. Stop the supplement, immediately.
Even if you’re not hungry force yourself to eat. Hopefully because you’re not hungry, you'll only make a small meal. And if you’re supposed to take this hunger suppressor once a day the only take it once a day. Personally I would advise taking 1 for 1 day, next day don't take it, then take another one the next day then take a day off et cetera.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking hunger suppressors as long as you follow the recommended dosage. Taking 2 a day if you’re only supposed to take 1 is stupid. And take one day a week off from your exercise bike so your body can rest.
You sound like me a few years ago. My advice is to read everything you can on nutrition and exercise. Hit up bodybuilding websites and message boards, you'll soon pick up all you need to know.

What you're doing now is not eating enough and overdoing it on the cardio. You'll end up looking like a weed, and not a particularly ripped one at that.

Join a gym, hit the weights, keep up with the cardio, and eat more.

And forget about supplements. Most of them don't work too well, especially thermogenics. What are you taking? H.E.A.T? Lipo 6?
Reply 6
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
You sound like me a few years ago. My advice is to read everything you can on nutrition and exercise. Hit up bodybuilding websites and message boards, you'll soon pick up all you need to know.

What you're doing now is not eating enough and overdoing it on the cardio. You'll end up looking like a weed, and not a particularly ripped one at that.

Join a gym, hit the weights, keep up with the cardio, and eat more.

And forget about supplements. Most of them don't work too well, especially thermogenics. What are you taking? H.E.A.T? Lipo 6?

its a variation on an ECA Stack. Ephedrine.. and its not an appitite suppresent primarily, just has that effect somtimes.
Yeah, I know what ephedrine is. I wouldn't bother unless you're getting it dirt cheap, it's really not worth the money. Honestly, the majority of thermogenics are mostly a placebo, although you can put together an ECA stack for next to nothing I guess, so it probably is worth it.

It won't do anything without correct nutrition and exercise though.
Reply 8
Eblis_O'_Shaughnessy
Yeah, I know what ephedrine is. I wouldn't bother unless you're getting it dirt cheap, it's really not worth the money. Honestly, the majority of thermogenics are mostly a placebo, although you can put together an ECA stack for next to nothing I guess, so it probably is worth it.

It won't do anything without correct nutrition and exercise though.

well taking it prior to excersise on an empty stomach was reccomended to me once. I can feel a slight boost from it, but not sure if it actually does anything regarding fat loss
It will do a bit, but nothing much.

Latest

Trending

Trending