The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine 2015 entry

Hi Guys

This is a thread for all Medicine with Foundation applicants at Durham for 2015 entry.

Make yourselves known if you have applied to this course this year :smile::smile:

I am a re-applicant, I got an offer for 2014 entry but did not make the 745 ukcat score as part of my condition last year. So, here I am, giving it one more, final go... :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Am here once again.. Reapplying too.. Hopefully, we'll all learn our lessons this year..
Do you think interviews are going to be around same March this year?
Am planning to visit Africa for three weeks but am scared putting it down as unavailable for interview as that could potentially take me out of being given interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, lessons learned, namely, it takes one maniac person to re-apply LOL :crazy:

I would imagine interviews will start at around the same time as last year but one cannot be sure until one calls up and asks :biggrin:
And in case they offer you a time slot that is not suitable for you, I do not think it would be a problem to have an alternative time for the interview. But all this is speculation, maybe it is best to call them up and ask at around what time interviewing happens this year? The dead line is soon approaching, only 4 days to go. I hope I will hear from them sooner rather than later...
Hi all ! Sorry I never got back to you on the last post. I saw kgee during my interview last year. I was accepted for the second time and both my interviews and replies were round about the same time. First time I failed my UKCAT by 40 and last year a few months before my UKCAT I found out I was expecting so I did not take the test as i live in the South East and it would have been impossible to move with a baby. All the best to you all who are applying and reapplying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Nicolle, nice to see you again :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by FraggleGriffith
Yep, lessons learned, namely, it takes one maniac person to re-apply LOL :crazy:

I would imagine interviews will start at around the same time as last year but one cannot be sure until one calls up and asks :biggrin:
And in case they offer you a time slot that is not suitable for you, I do not think it would be a problem to have an alternative time for the interview. But all this is speculation, maybe it is best to call them up and ask at around what time interviewing happens this year? The dead line is soon approaching, only 4 days to go. I hope I will hear from them sooner rather than later...

yeah i think i will call up and ask or probably travel and make sure am back by 20th as the interviews didn't happen till around that time.
thanks for the advice. application complete. will be sending it by end of today. x fingers crossed x
Please let me know when you get an interview, as I'll probably be around on campus if anyone wants a coffee before/after. Good luck!
Thanks for the offer :smile: :coffee: Hopefully I will "get an invite" from admissions too to be there :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Application finally sent... Phewww... Now the wait and heart pumping begins lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, good I have just asked in my PM about when you were going to send it off :biggrin:

QUOTE=kgee;52878165]Application finally sent... Phewww... Now the wait and heart pumping begins lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi guys, I've sent an application in. Nice to meet you all. Uber-anxious and worried, but fingers crossed I get an interview.
Reply 11
Welcome to the group.. Fingers crossed, we are all waiting to hear back..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dadex
Hi guys, I've sent an application in. Nice to meet you all. Uber-anxious and worried, but fingers crossed I get an interview.

Do you mind telling a bit about yourself?
I am a mature applicant, a mum to a 5 year old. And for me, this is my last application Last year I was unable to fulfil the 745 UKCAT score required for my condition in my offer. It is now or never for me, feeling too old for any more applications :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by FraggleGriffith
Do you mind telling a bit about yourself?
I am a mature applicant, a mum to a 5 year old. And for me, this is my last application Last year I was unable to fulfil the 745 UKCAT score required for my condition in my offer. It is now or never for me, feeling too old for any more applications :biggrin:

No, not at all! I'm 23 - going to be 24 by September. I mucked around with my A-levels and didn't do as well as I should have, so I decided to take time out of school. I've been working as a HCA for the last 2 years, and decided to apply this year. I also believe that you're never too old if it's what you really want to do.
That is the attitude to have! :five:
Good luck with your application, let us know how you get on.
Reply 15
hello people, how is everyone getting on?
Hello kgee, no news as of yet.
Can you remember when the email invitation came last year? I do know the interview was in the last week of March (or around that depending on the person) but when did they email us to ask about possible interview appointments, can you remember?
Reply 17
Looking back from last year's conversations, the interviews were offered first week of March...
That's all I can remember...I hope it's good news not to hear back from the uni yet...
Rejections are often too quick to appear lol...
Keeping my hopes up for this year.. Haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, another month or so... Cheers.
Reply 19
Hello my name is Dan. I was wondering if you get excepted, when do you sit the UKCAT exam? I am still waiting for an email about interviews, does anyone know when they will email you back about the interviews? Also what are the interviews like and what kind of questions do they ask?
Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending