The Student Room Group

LNAT ID panic.

http://www.lnat.ac.uk/sitting/arriving2.html

My LNAT exam is tomorrow, and it says I need a form of approved ID, which I lack.

My passport is currently expired, and I've not had the time to update it. I don't have a provisional driving licence (not had time to apply). And I don't think I have a 'current government-issued identity card that carries your photograph and signature' whatever those are.

Also, I can't use the fallback option, because my college is closed, and my headteacher on holiday.

And I definitely can't apply for another date, because tomorrow is the last one around here until after the Oxford deadline.

Any advice at all?
Reply 1
They wont let you do the test, it's as simple as that.
Hm, kirstinx that's not particularly nice or constructive. I advise walking to your college - see if anyone is about, there will be , im sure! get a note.

or get your parents to go along with you - most ppl are reasonable n will see ur real
Reply 3
i may not be right, but it says something about a singed picture, thus can you arrange for a solicitor or even a doctor to sing it for you.

it might just work, considring that they are registerd with offical government bodies hence there signatures/stamps should be accepted. :smile:
Reply 4
JMoore
Hm, kirstinx that's not particularly nice or constructive. I advise walking to your college - see if anyone is about, there will be , im sure! get a note.

or get your parents to go along with you - most ppl are reasonable n will see ur real

If you dont have id you cant do it, so it is constructive. I know someone who went, forgot their ID and had to pay for the test again another day. Otherwise it could be anyone doing the test for you.
Reply 5
Umm take your passport along anyway? It might work, they might not check the date.

Otherwise plead with them. Take along anything that could be relevant, student union cards, bus passes, debit cards, whatever. Charm them. :biggrin:
Reply 6
And I got negged for stating the truth? :rolleyes:
Reply 7
I feel for you....you must be really worried right now. This isn't particularly helpful, but this is what I would do.

Firstly I would go along to school (with a passport photo) and see if there is anyone who can confirm your identity. If not, then I would go along to the appointment as normal, with the expired passport. There is a chance that they might not notice or just accept it anyway.

If that fails, I would call up Oxford and ask them if there is any chance whatsoever that they would consider your application even if the LNAT is taken late.

Good luck.
Reply 8
There is an emergency passport service available that is designed for people travelling soon, you can see if that can get you a passport before the date if you have a passport office nearby.

Otherwise, what kirstinx said:
To repeat: If you do not bring an acceptable identity document you will not be allowed to take the test. You will have to book and pay for a new test slot on another day, this time bringing an acceptable identity document. The name and date of birth on your identity document must exactly match the name and date of birth you provided when you registered for the LNAT. The test centre staff have no discretion to waive or vary the identification rules. No approved ID, no LNAT.
Reply 9
More information on the fast track passport system: http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_urgent_within48hrs.asp (Hmm.. looking at that you may not quite get one in time. But it may be worth calling anyway.)

List of passport offices: http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_offices.asp
Reply 10
Yeah I'd use the expired passport as a last resort 'hope they don't notice' sort of thing, otherwise

seaspray
If that fails, I would call up Oxford and ask them if there is any chance whatsoever that they would consider your application even if the LNAT is taken late.

This is very good advice.
You *may* be able to get a test slot early if there's been a cancellation.
Reply 12
Or book a slot on Oct31st at some obscure test centre somewhere... I did mine at Rhyl!
Reply 13
Try the old passport.
Don't you have a connexions card or anything like that?
Kirstinx is right. If you don't have one of the listed forms of ID you won't be allowed to sit the test. If you show up with an out of date passport, or an ID letter that is not in the right form, the test centre staff will be within their rights to turn you away. The best you can hope for is that they won't notice.

If the staff do notice, don't try pleading with them. They have no discretion and as well as being futile it is not fair on them to try and talk them into breaking the rules. Instead contact the Oxford Law Faculty at once to see if you can persuade them to grant you a few days' grace, get an acceptable ID document pronto, and book a fresh test sitting for as soon as you can get one.
Reply 15
Hmm yep the Pearson VUE people are generally like robots, and the test centres are very emotionless and sterile. Don't expect any flexibility.

Although I still maintain the out-of-date passport would probably work; I doubt they'll check the date if you look roughly the same as your photo.
Passports are a valid form of ID for alcohol when they are expired, even if they have had the corners snipped off ... so I do not se why, just because one extra day has expired, it would nto count as an LNAT ID.
Reply 17
I took the exam, got my college to stamp a form proving my identity. Got in with no hassle. The LNAT itself was suprisingly enjoyable, even though I doubt I did well.

Thanks for the help, kirstinx. Highly appreciated. Really.

Latest

Trending

Trending