The Student Room Group

Driving Practical Test Advice

Hi Guys,

I failed my practical driving test for the second time now, and have my next test booked in a couple of weeks.
Knowing that the examiner is watching you and marking you is what makes me nervous and puts me off.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips and advice on how to stay calm during the test and not let nerves get in the way?

Thanks so much :smile:
I passed mine on Monday! Girlfriends got hers tomrrow. The advice iv given her, Keep calm and literally just drive as if you would on your own. Don't panic and just keep a steady pace. Remember drive as the road is, Meaning don't do 20 in a 30 without neeed and don't do 40 in a 30 AT ALL.

What is it you've failed on?
Reply 2
My boyfriends failed his 3 times now...
I passed first time and just kept the thought in my head that I only had to drive really perfectly this one time then I was free to drive how I was comfortable with afterwards (I don't mean dangerously or anything, just things like the way I steer)
Stay completely focused on the road and forget there are people in the car with you (I know it's hard :frown: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got my second test this Friday, i really want to pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I am a learner driver I'm having my dad teaching me but do I also need instructor lessons to be able to take my tests later this year??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Matt
Original post by Matt Lawes
As I am a learner driver I'm having my dad teaching me but do I also need instructor lessons to be able to take my tests later this year??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

Matt

First piece of advice - start a new thread, don't bump an old one. You'll get more replies that way.

I'd definitely get lessons from an instructor, chances are if your dad has been driving a long time then he's passed on bad habits to you that your examiner will pick up on.

Quick Reply

Latest