The Student Room Group

Learning all the science specifications/Syllabuses?

Gcses are coming soon only a few months and I was thinking of learning the specifications for each science of by heart ( I do seperate science). There is three quite large specifications for each science so is it worth learning all 9 specifications to memory. I am not sure if I should do this as it would take quite a few weeks and I don't want to end up wasting my time if it's useless. Has anyone done this? I really want A or A*s in my sciences
Reply 1
Original post by Blue230699
Gcses are coming soon only a few months and I was thinking of learning the specifications for each science of by heart ( I do seperate science). There is three quite large specifications for each science so is it worth learning all 9 specifications to memory. I am not sure if I should do this as it would take quite a few weeks and I don't want to end up wasting my time if it's useless. Has anyone done this? I really want A or A*s in my sciences

It would help you but from my experience, make sure you do lots of exam questions if you want A and A*. So learn the spec up to the end of feb then do non-stop exam questions until the real exam. Good luck.
Original post by Blue230699

Specifications are there to be used as checklists. They don't include all of the information you need to do well (if you use the specification as your main revision method, you will fail), they're simply there to allow you to check that you have all the information you need. A much better plan would be to get a decent revision guide and once you're done revising properly, use the spec to make sure you've learned everything. Then start past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending