The Student Room Group

AS Level geography OCR

Hi guys, was browsing and saw that revision guides for as geog specific to the ocr spec were hard to find, so thought would create a thread for said topic, containing advice etc.

Does anybody have a clear idea of the exam structure, I know it contains short answer wuestions, long ones and essay q's, but apparently there is a choice of topic.
What is a meander?
A bend in a river, faster flowing water on the outside so more erpsion occurs and deposition on the inside of the bend (point bar/slip off slope)
You should be learning 3 out of 4 topics in lesson. For example, for physical geography I'm learning about coasts, cold environments and hot arid environments. In the exam, there's a section for EACH topic. Of course, you ignore the topic you have not learnt about.

It may seem confusing but you answer the short mark questions for TWO of the topics (e.g. Coasts and cold environments)
There is a 4 marker, two 6 markers and a 9 marker. For the other topic (e.g. Hot arid environments) you answer the 25 marker. You CANNOT use a topic you have talked about in the short mark questions for the 25 marker. Therefore you have to look through the paper at the start of the exam and make your choice.

Also, try and use case studies whenever you can, examiners love that!!

I hope this helped!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thnx v much

We seem to hve been learning allthe topics or at least more than wee need to answer qs on
My teacher said i would be shooting myself in the foot by not learning all of them in case i get a bad question that i cant answer as i wont ve able to answer an alternative question

I was hoping i could just learn a select few topics thoroughly but nw am wortied abt this approach do u think i shud learn them all?
Um...that's a hard one. If your teacher is saying learn them all, learn them. But there is a lot of content and case studies to learn...

I really don't want to mess up your exam for you...but if you revise in enough detail, you should be okay with the questions. If you want to be safe though, follow your teachers guidance...they've been through it before!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending