The Student Room Group

AS level English Lit exam question?

I was doing an lit mock on friday and in the unseen section, it had a choice of a poetry or prose question. I chose prose cause that's my stronger point, but afterwards it seemed that everyone chose the poetry. I 've started doubting myself and wondered if I had to answer the poetry one -- I don't want to lose marks for this? Do you have the choice between them?
You can chose between the 2 it doesn't matter:smile: People probably chose poetry because thats the focus in your lessons.
I'm doing A/S english literature too! Is your topic World War One? :smile:
There is absolutely nothing to be lost or gained between the two. I sat the exam last year and got an A with prose.

It is important you go with the one you feel most comfortable with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BigJim123
There is absolutely nothing to be lost or gained between the two. I sat the exam last year and got an A with prose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to go off topic! But what was your "theme" last year? And did you read much? Thank you! Well done on an amazing result!:smile:
Did I read many books in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Jasminem97
You can chose between the 2 it doesn't matter:smile: People probably chose poetry because thats the focus in your lessons.
I'm doing A/S english literature too! Is your topic World War One? :smile:

Thanks :smile: That's a relief. Our poetry topic is 'Home' and it is incredibly depressing. How's WW1?
Did I read many books in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Reply 7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's made me feel better :smile: Well done on your grade and I'm glad to hear of someone who chooses prose!
Original post by ks96
Thanks :smile: That's a relief. Our poetry topic is 'Home' and it is incredibly depressing. How's WW1?

I know! I was worried because I did Prose too!
So is WW1, its very depressing and it really makes you think about how lucky we are today. I guess we're lucky in a sense because all WW1 prose/poetry follows similar themes of Politics, Inhumanity and Symbolism so its not too hard to analyse!
What is home like? As stupid as I may sound - what does 'Home' include/mean? :smile:
Reply 9
I know! I was worried because I did Prose too!
So is WW1, its very depressing and it really makes you think about how lucky we are today. I guess we're lucky in a sense because all WW1 prose/poetry follows similar themes of Politics, Inhumanity and Symbolism so its not too hard to analyse!
What is home like? As stupid as I may sound - what does 'Home' include/mean? :smile:

'Home' is literally a lot of poems about depressing homes. Abandoned homes, ones people have died in, creepy houses, that type of thing. Quite easy to analyse but even our teacher said we'd be depressed by the end of it! WW1 sounds more interesting though...:smile:
Yes

Well. I don't know what you mean by a lot. We read one of our books in class so I did have my own time to read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending