The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
charlord
How easy do you think its going to be to change course once I get there?

Quite, I think its even easier if you do the first year of the subject youre doing? I know someone who changed from Engineering to Chemistry to Physics at Sheffield Uni..
University of York
York
Reply 2
imasillynarb
Quite, I think its even easier if you do the first year of the subject youre doing? I know someone who changed from Engineering to Chemistry to Physics at Sheffield Uni..

hmmn right ok - hopefully ill fall in love with the subject anyway when i get there
Reply 3
Hiya, my brothers at york at the moment ( and love its by the way) and he wanted to change from Biology to History. He emailed them before he went and they said he needed to speak to them when they got there, which he did. He didnt end up swapping, partly cos he now loves biology and partly cos he wasnt able to in the end cos his A level grades werent high enough. But from what i gather, if youve got the A level grades that match the subject u wanna swap to, then you should be fine :smile:
Hope ive helped!
Reply 4
I emailed the admissions department a couple of weeks ago asking if I could switch to the 'Maths and Philosophy' course instead of just 'Maths'. They said they couldn't because the Philosophy department was full, although if I wanted it, they could reserve me a place for admission in 2005.

It's definately worth emailing them now to check its alright!
Reply 5
i changed from politics and philosophy to ppe with no problems- although that is within one department so it may apply differently to other courses

Latest

Trending

Trending