The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ellewoods
Ooh you've been told have you, that's more than we got at Leeds Met! We got a letter first week in September - "when you come back next week, your law building has moved 5 miles..." :rolleyes:

So what have u heard, where is it moving too....?

No idea, but we were told when we staffed (we got paid, so it was staffing :p: ) the LPC open day to tell the prospective slaves to ever moving goalposts that the course probably won't be in this building next year as it is likely they are moving nearer the Students Union into swanky new rooms.

To be honest, if it's like other things then it's unlikely to happen :p: ...
Reply 21
Ethereal
The law school may be moving anyway. So I've been told ...

yes we drove past the hole in the ground on the coach tour where the new law school will be from September 2008 and apparently they are still on schedule lol, even though we jsut saw a hole at the moment lol so that will be really cool coz where it will be is a lot more central and convenient in my view.
Reply 22
mtbab
REALLY!! who were you lol? there were soo many girls there, that tony was right wasn't he it wasnt until he said like 2/3girls that i looked around and thought woah! lol.

I absolutely loved the day, did you like it? were you shocked as well when he said there were onyl 25 on the EICL i thought there were way more (not that i'm scared coz we already have offers lol) but i was just thinking, nah way!

Lol. I have blonde hair, was wearing jeans and grey jumper/cardigan type thing, turquoise scarf and brown boots...Umm.. Was with both my parents and my dad kept asking questions, like during the talk he asked why Sheffield had received such a low score on a student satisfaction thing. Don't know how else to describe myself.. If I get a pic you might remember.

I was really shocked at the 25 people thing - I nudged both my parents when that came up. But it was a little bit of a downer when they said 'but it's not as popular as the straight law course'.
Reply 23
Serenity
Lol. I have blonde hair, was wearing jeans and grey jumper/cardigan type thing, turquoise scarf and brown boots...Umm.. Was with both my parents and my dad kept asking questions, like during the talk he asked why Sheffield had received such a low score on a student satisfaction thing. Don't know how else to describe myself.. If I get a pic you might remember.

I was really shocked at the 25 people thing - I nudged both my parents when that came up. But it was a little bit of a downer when they said 'but it's not as popular as the straight law course'.

ohh yes i remember your dad!!!

haha i know what the back of ure head looks like now lol.
Reply 24
mtbab
ohh yes i remember your dad!!!

haha i know what the back of ure head looks like now lol.

Lol. It's a good looking head right? :P
Reply 25
Serenity
Lol. It's a good looking head right? :P

haha totally! ure dad properly researched sheff tho didnt he, i was siting there like really?? oooh! i felt quite embarrassed for you lol
Serenity

I got an offer for EICL, thats pretty cool that there are only 25 people on the course - makes me feel wanted:rolleyes: .

Anyway, I got my offer on the 14th November, how long did it take you guys to get your letter after the offer appeared on track? Ive still not received any more info.
Reply 27
hingus2000
I got an offer for EICL, thats pretty cool that there are only 25 people on the course - makes me feel wanted:rolleyes: .

Anyway, I got my offer on the 14th November, how long did it take you guys to get your letter after the offer appeared on track? Ive still not received any more info.

lol 2days but that was middle of october so everythin was a lot quieter back then, considereing yesterday i think there were only me and serenity there who were EICL so things are probs a tad more hectic now so it may take a week or two i guess.
I'd hazard a guess that now they have got the first open day out the way, theyll start sending the next wave of invitations.

So how is the open day? Enlightening? Has it enhanced your opinion of sheffield further? And did they mention anything extra about EICL?
Reply 29
hingus2000
I'd hazard a guess that now they have got the first open day out the way, theyll start sending the next wave of invitations.

So how is the open day? Enlightening? Has it enhanced your opinion of sheffield further? And did they mention anything extra about EICL?

well i'd never been to sheff before and i loved it! there was nothing really mentioned that i didnt already know prob becuase i trawled the website so much becuase i hadnt been up there lol, but it was really good in giving the breakdown of contact hours and stuff etc etc

in fact tom as ure deferring based on thier estimations they should be straight in the new building when you get there.
Steady on!!! Wait until you get to 35 - then you've really got a problem!!!

Ethereal
Not really great news. By time people are in their 20s most of the girls worth asking have already been asked :p:
ellewoods
It's pretty unimpressive inside as well! :rolleyes:

But that's just appearances - its a great school :smile:

I dunno... I quite like the wooden staircase... Had the alarm go off there the other night (tuesday) at about 11pm - nothing significant or startling although it's one area where Hallam excels over Sheffield - the standard of proter/security... Hallam are considerably more organised and "state of the art"!
Just out of interest, this EICL course, is it qualifying? If so, is it only your elective year where you study different stuff?
Lewisy-boy
Just out of interest, this EICL course, is it qualifying? If so, is it only your elective year where you study different stuff?

Yep you come out with a full LLB.

You take a semester abroad in the 3rd year.
That's the only difference?
Reply 35
Lewisy-boy
That's the only difference?

That and the fact you put a greater focus on/do separate modules on International Law in a 'comparative' sense.
Reply 36
mtbab
haha totally! ure dad properly researched sheff tho didnt he, i was siting there like really?? oooh! i felt quite embarrassed for you lol

Yeah. I'm permanently embarrased. Still, was an interesting question to put to them - so they couldn't just spend the whole time going on about how Sheffield is absoloutely perfect in every sense.
I sent my dad and mum packing off for all my uni open days :wink:. They're nought but trouble. Felt a bit of a pillock at cambridge though, everyone's parents were though lol, kept getting weird looks for being on my own.
Reply 38
Lewisy-boy
I sent my dad and mum packing off for all my uni open days :wink:. They're nought but trouble. Felt a bit of a pillock at cambridge though, everyone's parents were though lol, kept getting weird looks for being on my own.

Well lets face it - your average Cambridge candidate is a mummy's boy :P

(ooo how controversial of me)
Nah they were OK, sparked up a bit of banter but then people's parents would drag them away as if I was some sort of peasant... HAHA.

Latest

Trending

Trending