The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Nat Sci

Right so I'm currently doing MMath at Durham, but have kind of realised I'd much prefer to be doing Nat Sci, for the more open options of being able to do 2 level 1 modules in 2nd year or be able to do Maths and Economics all the way to 4th year.. I'm quite content with my current set of modules Core A Maths, Core B1 Maths, Core B2 Maths, Elements of Economics and the British Economy. Firstly would I be able to switch onto a Nat Sci course at the end of the year after doing these modules and either do half and half maths and economics or do the double level 1 physics module (or disco skills and classical mechanics) with 2 level 2 Maths modules and 2 level 2 Economics modules? Also am I able to switch at the end of first year?
Thanks for all help and advice in advance.
Reply 1
Speak to people now, you are within the 4 weeks to change, if you change at the end of the year you may have to repeat year 1 again, it all depends on your optional modules etc.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Maths and Economics all the way to 4th year

Isnt it only 3 years?
Reply 3
I beleived you could do MSc Natsci Maths and Economics although I may be mistaken
These are the only MSci courses. (Copied and pasted from the uni website)

Biology and Chemistry
Chemistry and Maths
Chemistry and Physics
e-Science and Physics
Maths and Physics

The change will save you quite a bit of money anyway :smile:
Reply 5
Heartbreaker
These are the only MSci courses. (Copied and pasted from the uni website)

Biology and Chemistry
Chemistry and Maths
Chemistry and Physics
e-Science and Physics
Maths and Physics

The change will save you quite a bit of money anyway :smile:

But I believe you can do maths and economics up to the end of the 3rd year then spend the 4th doing just maths to get the Msci
A guy at my college is trying to change from Maths to Natsci but they won't let him change because he doesn't have AAA.

Latest