The Student Room Group

A2 history coursework

Hey all! Thanks for opening my thread...

I was just wondering, what is everyone doing for their A2 history coursework? Do you all get to choose which topic/question you answer? I'm going to do something on Florence Nightingale... Is any one else doing a question on dear old flo? What other topics have pll chosen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Meh, Florence Nightingale was a chicken, Mary Seacole was the real hero. :smile:
Reply 2
'To what extent were Gorbachev's policies responsible for the collapse of the Soviet Union?'
Reply 3
Mine was 'To what extent was Lloyd George the reason for his own downfall?'
Reply 4
Too right 3232! Mary Seacole rocks
Reply 5
Mine's on Stalin's rise to power, there's a LOT of reading to do for this study. Just finishing with part of Trotsky's autobiography, only 6 or 7 more massive chunks of books to go...
Reply 6
I am sooo fed up with modern history (we were learning about 2006 a few weeks ago!!!) so I'm doing something as far in the past as possible. Not sure what yet, but it'l come to me
you all get to choose your coursework titles? lucky! lol we got stuck with the russian civil war..... :mad: there is nothing more boring!
Reply 8
xx Bex
you all get to choose your coursework titles? lucky! lol we got stuck with the russian civil war..... :mad: there is nothing more boring!

Quite alot to write about though...
true but we only got 1000 words as well... made things difficult which exam board is everyone doing?
Reply 10
OCR. What about you? 1000 - That's nothing!! What a silly word limit to set for such an extensive subject! I think we have to write something like 2500 words, perhaps more.
Reply 11
2500 words is apparently the limit, but they will keep reading up to 3000 and you wont get penalised for it.
Reply 12
Wow - lucky you! In Scotland we have to do about 5000 words. :biggrin:
Reply 13
Lucia_06
Wow - lucky you! In Scotland we have to do about 5000 words. :biggrin:

That would have been a dream! I had enough material for about 6000 words, but had to cut most of it out due to the limit. :frown:
Reply 14
I'm doing "To what extent was Elizabeth I's image created or a reality?" I'm really struggling to find enough to put in it, it's not helping that the library has no books on Elizabeth.
Reply 15
That would have been a dream! I had enough material for about 6000 words, but had to cut most of it out due to the limit. :frown:

That sucks. I know I'll probably run over the limit - like always..lol :redface:
"In Examining Electoral Change In The Period 1830 To 1930, How Far Can World War One Be Seen As The Main Turning Point In The Process Of Electoral Change?"
Laus
Hey all! Thanks for opening my thread...

I was just wondering, what is everyone doing for their A2 history coursework? Do you all get to choose which topic/question you answer? I'm going to do something on Florence Nightingale... Is any one else doing a question on dear old flo? What other topics have pll chosen?

Well well well, i didnt think anyone else would have chosen Florence Nightingale! So why did you choose to study Nightingale then? I decided on her because im applying for medicine, and although she was a nurse its kind of related :rolleyes: So whats your question?
Reply 18
I'll do something on the Crusades.
Reply 19
Mine is the Unification of Italy, ive read around it and it looks really interesting, can't wait to start it

Quick Reply

Latest