The Student Room Group

drop fourth a2

I've been offered a place at bristol to study mechanical engineering, for AAA in maths, further maths and physics which i'm taking.
I'm also doing spanish however i'm considering dropping as I'd rather make sure i do well in the other three subjects, also i'm really not enjoying it at all, like even for the mock exam coming up i've been sick about it.

i've emailed bristol and they say dropping it won't affect my offer

however i'm worried it'll affect job prospects and stuff after, and theres loads of pressure from my family since my sisters did four A2 levels.

One of my sisters is making it out like getting an extra qualification in spanish (best case scenario a B, likely a C) is gonna make the difference between getting my dream job and not. But this seems unlikely haha since an A is pretty much out of the question so it seems pointless to me just doing an extra thing half heartedly while jeopardising my other grades.

so basically i'm just looking for other opinions

thanks!
You only have to do three and employers won't look at a fourth, especially after your degree. If you don't want to do four drop it, but consider the work you've done over the last few months for it.

Quick Reply

Latest