The Student Room Group

Self Studying Psychology

n/a
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by randomaccess
I didn't do psychology sadly at AS or A Level, but I did do biology.
I was constantly told not to do psychology because it's "mickey mouse", but surely an arts degree is more "mickey mouse"and useless than psychology.

Anyhow, I've been interested in psychology since I was 14 and was wondering how easily I could teach myself AS, A Level and to some extent undergraduate psychology.

I am the sort of person who does better through self study than through sitting in a lecture/classroom.

You could easily self-teach a level psychology, although if you did want to do that, when you would need some sort of tuition since writing psychology a level essays you need to learn a very specific formula for answering questions...

I made a list of psychology books that are good if you wanted to simply read up on psychology http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2739866

Alternatively, if your already doing 4 a levels, then simply reading up on psychology extra-curricularly would be fine. i've privately tutored a level students simply for uni-level psychology before...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending