The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Also why would AAB be 'old'? Bath, being a top university (for Pharmacy as well), aren't likely to lower their entry requirements...
i said it was old because on ucas they're asking for ABB, thats why im thinking maybe it's for 2006 entery or maybe they just havent included it. im not complaining that it's high. im just saying.
you said it yourself that prospectuses change almost yearly
Reply 22
Put it this way, with a good reference etc and predicted grades ABB I think you'd stand a good chance of getting an offer from Bath. I have been told they can look at your GCSE's, for instance Notts ask for at least 5A's at GCSE; this may be redundant now but people have told me that they ask for that. Bath will look at your GCSE grades too, I believe. I think Bath and Manchester are the most firm with grades i.e. AAB-ABB, so meh22 if you are predicted ABB you stand a good chance from getting offers from them. I think the interviews may be tougher at Manchester because they perhaps could ask academic questions on the spot?
RyanY
Put it this way, with a good reference etc and predicted grades ABB I think you'd stand a good chance of getting an offer from Bath. I have been told they can look at your GCSE's, for instance Notts ask for at least 5A's at GCSE; this may be redundant now but people have told me that they ask for that. Bath will look at your GCSE grades too, I believe. I think Bath and Manchester are the most firm with grades i.e. AAB-ABB, so meh22 if you are predicted ABB you stand a good chance from getting offers from them. I think the interviews may be tougher at Manchester because they perhaps could ask academic questions on the spot?

i wasnt complaining that they're high ! im predicted AAA and ive already got a reply from bath asking me to come to an open day. i was just saying that the entery requirements of some unis seem to be going down for pharmacy when actually its getting more competitive. thats what i didnt get.
Reply 24
ok I see, no worries - yeh do you have to write another ps coz dentistry is your first choice?
yeh that's right, i hope i get into bath, i also applied to cardiff for pharmacy. if i get accepted to both [im ruling out dentistry at the mo cus i dont think i will get in- so im not getting my hopes up] so like i said if i get into bath and cardiff i wouldnt know which one to chose.
is pharmacy your first choice? where else have you applied.
Reply 26
yeh pharmacy is my first choice, lol I originally was going to do dentistry I was so close to applying for it and just realised it wasn't me. I have the grades for it, but I just feel pharmacy is more academic and more me since I love chemistry. With dentistry it seemed to be more ceremical and I guess you have to posess manual dexterity - which I don't think I have when it comes to mouths LOL. You should get offers with AAA, I haven't heard nothing yet from unis (huffs). What schools of dentistry have u applied for? What did you get at GCSE?
well my gcses are not that brilliant, thats why my hopes arnt high. but my AS's are not bad. also i do not have manual dexterity, ive always wanted to do pharmacy as i love chemistry so much but thought i'd try for dentistry along the way.
my gcses are 1*A, 4As, 5Bs. and my AS's are 3As and a C.
you definatly have the grades for dent with 4As at AS.
ive applied to leeds/liverpool/QML/sheffield.
Reply 28
My average GCSE is A*/A coz I got 5 of A* n 5 A each n a B. Yeh but I don't won't to get into dents I want to get into Pharmacy, which is a lot easier to get into lol. Your GCSE's are good, very good for Pharmacy anyway. Aren't the dentistry interviews really nasty? I remember a second year graduate tlling me they ask you stuff about dental anatomy!!? I was like, isn't that the whole point of going to uni to learn about that lol! I hope the pharmacy interviews are relaxed.
Reply 29
petrolhead
I've applied to Manchester, Nottingham, Bath, Cardiff, Aston and Queen's Belfast. I'd like to think I've applied to at least some of the top schools of Pharmacy in the country.

yup, i almost agree with u..i think the two best wud be aston and manchester...

i apply for manchester,aston,nottingham,queens belfast,portsmouth,strathclyde..
Reply 30
Bath. Manchester, King's College, LSOP are probably the most prestigious.

Bath is top at the league table...

Unfortunatly, they are not the best cities...
Reply 31
ive applied to brighton with bbc predictions, wonder if i will get a offer
you might if you get lucky, i think theyre asking for bbb. what were your AS results?
Reply 33
BCDD but ive put pending for 3 things
Reply 34
i dont want to get lucky btw lol, im predicted bbc and most of the unis ive applied to are bbb except bradford
neilh
i dont want to get lucky btw lol, im predicted bbc and most of the unis ive applied to are bbb except bradford

well i think you do have a chance, but what i mean by get lucky is that you dont meet the minimum requirements, but everyone can get lucky when it comes to it, im counting on luck with my dental application.
Reply 36
meh22
well i think you do have a chance, but what i mean by get lucky is that you dont meet the minimum requirements, but everyone can get lucky when it comes to it, im counting on luck with my dental application.

oh sorry i misinterpreted that, good luck with ur dentistry:smile:
neilh
oh sorry i misinterpreted that, good luck with ur dentistry:smile:

good luck with pharmacy. have you sent your application yet?
Reply 38
yer sent it on fri waiting for the letter now, im hoping bbc will get me some offers
if you get an interview talk about what you offer the uni, i know of this guy who got in with similer grades to yours because he had something to offer, sports, music etc, just think of something.

Latest

Trending

Trending