Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Christianity an evil religion?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I don't know about the word evil but there are parts of christianity I don't like. I don't enjoy being told I am evil and am going to hell due to my religion (paganism).
    I thought God loves all? So if he did, how can he do such a thing? Actually I do remember one of my stupid classmates tried converting me into Christianity. She's Anglican from Nigeria. She told me if I don't prey every day etc I'd go to hell. But if I did prey, I'd benefit etc. Seems like they are picking on the pagans, guess they realised we're not totally extinct huh?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    I do not hate christianity as it was a religon before Islam but i disagree with some of the facts in christainity as bibles are not all the same and this is a shocking discovery.

And i also don't believe that we are gods children as this is not true because I believe Jesus was not gods child but a mortal like us and this was misinterpreted in the gospel
    Ask any person in uni studing the gospel as they will tell you there are a lot of mistakes and differences from Bible to bible

What's all this about different Bibles?
    It's just different translations, just like you get different translations of the Q'ran.
    There are different versions of some manuscripts but it essentially the same.

Someone said something earlier about a new bible being published every year. They may publish a new version every year, but it's the same Bible.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
    I dont know what country you live in but in the USA the bible doesnt change at all from year to year. You sound like someone who is just anti-christian to me.
    i'm definately not anti-christian, or anti-any religion for that matter i think what she meant was that there are so many diff. versions of the bible, how do you kow which you follow? it's sort of like chinese whispers, you keep passing things on and by the end the final passage or message is really diff. from the original. :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    What's all this about different Bibles?
    It's just different translations, just like you get different translations of the Q'ran.
    There are different versions of some manuscripts but it essentially the same.

Someone said something earlier about a new bible being published every year. They may publish a new version every year, but it's the same Bible.
    Most muslims know that in order to learn the detailed facts about their religion, they have to read the Quaran in arabic-the original language, so nothings has been changed at all! The translations available aren't always accurate (never so much they can be like the original) and so muslims and others have to acknowledge that when they read a tranlsated copy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorNO)
    But the Catholic church is still teaching that doctrine....

http://www.religioustolerance.org/limbo.htm
    You are wrong when you say the Catholic church is still teaching of Limbo!

Reading your link and seeing the reference of Catechism cc1250 it says nothing of the sort - where do you get your erroneous ideas from? Certainly not from this particular link.

I think you are a hater of Catholics
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)

Reading your link and seeing the reference of Catechism cc1250 it says nothing of the sort - where do you get your erroneous ideas from? Certainly not from this particular link.

Catholicism is littered with TERRIBLE teachings and paradoxes - NO contraception, etc etc...

Also the teaching USED to be that if you didn't get your last rights before you died - you went to hell... then they changed it. So what does that mean? They were wrong? Those who died before without rights are just unlucky they died so soon? They all now move to heaven?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I thought God loves all? So if he did, how can he do such a thing? Actually I do remember one of my stupid classmates tried converting me into Christianity. She's Anglican from Nigeria. She told me if I don't prey every day etc I'd go to hell. But if I did prey, I'd benefit etc. Seems like they are picking on the pagans, guess they realised we're not totally extinct huh?
    I would never say such things to non-believers as I could not make that judgement - it is God's call, noone elses. But then I am a Christian and try not to be hypocritcal - but there are many people who whilst not having any faith are hypocritcal as well.

Christians certainly do not have the monopoly on hypocrisy.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone......
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I would never say such things to non-believers as I could not make that judgement - it is God's call, noone elses. But then I am a Christian and try not to be hypocritcal - but there are many people who whilst not having any faith are hypocritcal as well.

Christians certainly do not have the monopoly on hypocrisy.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone......
    *throws* ooooh got him right on the noggin
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    Catholicism is littered with TERRIBLE teachings and paradoxes - NO contraception, etc etc...

Also the teaching USED to be that if you didn't get your last rights before you died - you went to hell... then they changed it. So what does that mean? They were wrong? Those who died before without rights are just unlucky they died so soon? They all now move to heaven?
    Your misconceptions are astounding! I can't enter a debate with someone who is so unknowledgeable about Catholicism - it would take up too much time to educate them first
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    *throws* ooooh got him right on the noggin

Thanks Sire for deflecting the heat somewhat
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Hater of catholics??? Nah. Wonder what made you say that?

(Original post by yawn1)

You stubbornly wont listen. So I challenge you to give evidences that prove that Catholicism had changed its stance regarding Limbo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hater of catholics??? Nah. Wonder what made you say that?

You stubbornly wont listen. So I challenge you to give evidences that prove that Catholicism had changed its stance regarding Limbo.
    But you provided the evidence yourself that Catholicism does not have a stance on the destination of the unbaptised!

I quote from your link:

"The Church has not made a clear statement on the fate of souls of newborns etc. who die before reaching an age or state of accountability.
    The Roman Catholic church does not take an official stand on their fate but holds out hope that some path to Heaven will be possible"...et seq.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is Christianity an evil religion? Please tell us why?
    why do u ask?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Your misconceptions are astounding! I can't enter a debate with someone who is so unknowledgeable about Catholicism - it would take up too much time to educate them first

Ok my mistake - its NOT anti-contraception
    and ITS not true that those who had no last rights used to "go to hell"

Your right
    I made it all up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawzzzzzz)
    Ok my mistake - its NOT anti-contraception
    and ITS not true that those who had no last rights used to "go to hell"

Your right
    I made it all up
    You have a redeeming attribute - you admit that you were wrong - it's not many people who could be so humble. Bless you my child!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    But you provided the evidence yourself that Catholicism does not have a stance on the destination of the unbaptised!

I quote from your link:

"The Church has not made a clear statement on the fate of souls of newborns etc. who die before reaching an age or state of accountability.
    The Roman Catholic church does not take an official stand on their fate but holds out hope that some path to Heaven will be possible"...et seq.
    That does not prove a "CHANGE". My argument is that Catholicism hasnt changed its stance, whatever it is. Those who disagree must prove it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That does not prove a "CHANGE". My argument is that Catholicism hasnt changed its stance, whatever it is. Those who disagree must prove it.
    You are right - it hasn't changed it's stance - you are the one saying it has so the onus of proof is on you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very few religions can legitimately be described as evil. Christianity certainly is not one of them if you judge this by teaching and scripture alone. What makes any religion evil is the corruption of its adherents, of which there are plenty of examples.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Very few religions can legitimately be described as evil. Christianity certainly is not one of them if you judge this by teaching and scripture alone. What makes any religion evil is the corruption of its adherents, of which there are plenty of examples.
    Read leviticus ... To me - thats evil
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    All religions are evil to a point. They all ask you to follow guidelines more or less, rather than be what you are. Abolishion of free will is evil.
Updated: May 28, 2004
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.