The Student Room Group

Bournemouth TV Production Interview

Hi, so I have just received an invite for an interview/activity day for TV production at Bournemouth, however they haven't given me specifics on what they would like for me to bring with me. I was thinking of some previous work I have done and bringing a show reel along with essays I have written.
I really do not know what to expect at Bournemouth as I have heard various things about the interviews. Can someone please help and share their previous interview experiences? Thanks in advance! x
Reply 1
Original post by saaaraah
Hi, so I have just received an invite for an interview/activity day for TV production at Bournemouth, however they haven't given me specifics on what they would like for me to bring with me. I was thinking of some previous work I have done and bringing a show reel along with essays I have written.
I really do not know what to expect at Bournemouth as I have heard various things about the interviews. Can someone please help and share their previous interview experiences? Thanks in advance! x

I have my interview next week!!! Was going to bring a portfolio of work, and also a show reel! Really nervous not going to lie 😁
Original post by saaaraah

Hi Sarah

I am currently a first year TV Production student at Bournemouth University. Congratulations on getting yourself an interview! I believe the interview has changed over the years and is much more relaxed now in comparison to a few years ago. It is not compulsory to bring a portfolio or showreel, but I did bring an A3 book of about 15 pieces of work to my interview last year as it gives me something to talk about. This was mainly graphic design work.

The interview is really about seeing if you would be suitable for the course, and you see if it is right for you. The studio session is just absolute fun where you and your group will create a TV show. Then you get to watch and critically analyse some student work, again not as daunting as some would expect.

Keep calm and you'll be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by KarenzaJ
I have my interview next week!!! Was going to bring a portfolio of work, and also a show reel! Really nervous not going to lie ������

Aw Good Luck, hope it all goes well for you!!
Reply 4
Original post by KBradders
Hi Sarah

I am currently a first year TV Production student at Bournemouth University. Congratulations on getting yourself an interview! I believe the interview has changed over the years and is much more relaxed now in comparison to a few years ago. It is not compulsory to bring a portfolio or showreel, but I did bring an A3 book of about 15 pieces of work to my interview last year as it gives me something to talk about. This was mainly graphic design work.

The interview is really about seeing if you would be suitable for the course, and you see if it is right for you. The studio session is just absolute fun where you and your group will create a TV show. Then you get to watch and critically analyse some student work, again not as daunting as some would expect.

Keep calm and you'll be fine.

Okay thank you so much! Made me feel better about what sort of thing to expect. Hope it's all going great for you there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending