The Student Room Group

delete

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11338842/Paris-attacks-Two-worlds-collide-on-street-where-terrorists-lived.html

... A third youth said: “We’re not Charlie,” referring to the slogan, ‘Je Suis Charlie’ adopted by the French in solidarity with those killed in the attacks. “We’re Kouachi,” he said. The counter-slogan “Je suis Kouachi” has appeared on Twitter more than 2,000 times.

Marie-Thérèse, a teacher living on a neighbouring street, who declined to give her surname, said she had been troubled by the reluctance of teenagers in her class to observe a minute of silence the day after the Charlie Hebdo massacre.

“Several started shouting and one said he wished he had a Kalashnikov to kill me,” said the teacher, Marie-Thérèse, who declined to give her surname. “I work in a tough school in a tough area, but the same thing happened in other schools.”

Le Figaro and other newspapers reported similar behaviour in schools in several French cities, and cases of non-Muslim pupils trying to attack Muslim classmates were also reported.

“Many of the kids I teach could easily be radicalised,” Marie-Thérèse said. “This doesn’t bode well for the future of France. We’ve got to make more effort to reconcile communities.”

I appreciate that some people, for whatever reasons, are saying that they are not Charlie, but that they are not murderous fanatics, either. That's fine.

But the above is concerning. How can you rationally say: "I am a murderous killer"? Or that you basically support the concept of murder in response to the drawing of cartoons?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending