The Student Room Group

'Women don't owe men anything'. But do men owe women anything?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
you made this opener in my last (now removed) thread, not sure if sarcasm :s-smilie:

I'd agree there are obvious issues of harassment in the workplace, the glass ceiling is a problem and a few other things, so I'm not denying feminism is not needed-just that it's time to move towards focus on egalitarianism rather than favouring one gender. Examples: divorce laws, stay-at-home dads, paternity leave etc.

If we observe how society has screwed us all over, we all work towards amending it?

I am very much anti feminazi. How to work towards amending it? I don't give men crap(well I joke about it) but I ain't risking my shiny soft hair fighting against feminazi. They are crazy dude it's not even funny anymore...
I really agree with you 😁 and I think men should be also given rights equal as women are not just viceversa(like you said, child custody, stay at home).
see ironically the second big problem with TRP and its overt hetero-normative worldview is that it's homophobic and trans-phobic.

The fact you're conflating whiney with gay is homophobia and demonstrates the need for men to conform to these roles

Please don't make fun of my sexuality mate, I'm bi-curious.

Didn't even get the reference

Apparently the red pill leader is some Russian guy who calls himself gaylubeoil
Original post by yo radical one
Didn't even get the reference

Apparently the red pill leader is some Russian guy who calls himself gaylubeoil

I did say Day One, remember I spent the last 6 months trying to get away from it
Great post. :smile: I've been trying to find the likes of you, true feminists for want of a better term-but there are very few on the forum. A Tw I can think of, Redferry, Octopus Garden (someone else damn trying to remember their name)

I am a true feminist. I just think that your opinions say more about you and your obsession with something called the red pill than it does about society. Once you start to get better your mindset will improve.
Original post by sherlockfan
I am a true feminist. I just think that your opinions say more about you and your obsession with something called the red pill than it does about society. Once you start to get better your mindset will improve.

The Red Pill is he term for the underground anti-feminist neo-reactionary movement for Men's Rights AKA the Manosphere. Reddit's Red Pill is primarily a pickup artist forum using Redpill/Manosphere theory. I'm not doing pickup, sex scares me LOL-theory is useful for social anxiety though.
The Red Pill is he term for the underground anti-feminist neo-reactionary movement for Men's Rights AKA the Manosphere. Reddit's Red Pill is primarily a pickup artist forum using Redpill/Manosphere theory. I'm not doing pickup, sex scares me LOL-theory is useful for social anxiety though.

Its not useful, its just fuelling your problems.
Go ahead though if thats what you want, just dont expect people to sympathize.
Its not useful, its just fuelling your problems.
Go ahead though if thats what you want, just dont expect people to sympathize.

how is it fuelling my problems? Whining about its implications is the 1st/2nd phase (denial->anger) it won't benefit me until I reach 3rd phase nor will I be applying it until then, that is the idea of 'a bitter pill to swallow'
how is it fuelling my problems? Whining about its implications is the 1st/2nd phase (denial->anger) it won't benefit me until I reach 3rd phase nor will I be applying it until then, that is the idea of 'a bitter pill to swallow'

Just do a little introspection and you'll find out.
See youre becoming indoctrinated.
Just do a little introspection and you'll find out.
See youre becoming indoctrinated.

introspection? I thought we had established I do FAR too much of that :tongue:

aye it's sad but as long as I don't go full red can help
introspection? I thought we had established I do FAR too much of that :tongue:

aye it's sad but as long as I don't go full red can help

No the problem is you do it online.
Try switching off the computer for one whole day, see what happens.
I dont know what going full red means, I only know its a slippery slope.
(edited 9 years ago)
in on daily Riku redpill thread
No men do not owe women anything and women do not owe men anything, full stop.
Original post by drowzee
No men do not owe women anything and women do not owe men anything, full stop.

hypno was a pedobear just awaring you srs
Original post by minimarshmallow
Well, my dad owes me £40 because I bought him a microwave and he said he'd pay me back.

But in general, if we're all just decent human beings to one another, I don't think anyone really owes anyone else anything unless explicitly agreed.

This made me lol. Have some rep!

Long and short of it is "no"

The more detailed response from me, is the one you just gave :smile:
Men owe women a lot because they were oppressed by the evil male patriarchy that made them have children.LOL

Do you read Return of Kings?
nobody owes anybody anything for the actions/inactions of others.
Original post by TheWaffle
Do you read Return of Kings?

Not religiously as there are things they suggest which I find appalling.

Still, just Groot's thread 'why do guy think it's unfair?' is proof attraction is amoral. My parent's divorce and my breakup my 'Superman' threads on Riku evidence of hypergamy etc.

I essentially aim to play Redpill on hard mode, learning the rules of the game, what women as a whole are attracted to and what they are not and blame myself entirely if I cannot adapt to the trials of becoming an Alpha Male. Redpill without the treating women like **** part

I'm pissed off because ny dad is giving me beta bluepill advice about 'buh men have feelings waaa', I'm trying to tell him how attraction invalidates those feelings and if a woman stops sensing security/dominance and never ending potential for higher SMV she will fish elsewhere unconsciously. As if he knows anything, he got whipped by m mum, my sister doesn't respect him...

My dad says my outlook is bitter twisted and paranoid, I say I've found a Holy Grail on human psychology.

Anyway he can talk, he's safe, he's past the Wall and his career gives him social proof enough to be a beta provider to his gf
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 38
I think we have to pick apart the distinction between something being owed versus it being expected. Whilst men don't owe women anything, there are various expectations that exist that a man ignores at his (reproductive) peril.

The same can be said of women, of course, but it's a different set. These unspoken social obligations are more behavioural for men in that they're judged more for their character and capabilities, whereas women tend to be judged more on their appearance and femininity.

Of course, people can be who they want, so in that sense they don't owe anything to anyone, but whether they conform to these expectations or not will have an impact on their perceived worth as a person and as a potential partner.
Not religiously as there are things they suggest which I find appalling.

Still, just Groot's thread 'why do guy think it's unfair?' is proof attraction is amoral. My parent's divorce and my breakup my 'Superman' threads on Riku evidence of hypergamy etc.

I essentially aim to play Redpill on hard mode, learning the rules of the game, what women as a whole are attracted to and what they are not and blame myself entirely if I cannot adapt to the trials of becoming an Alpha Male. Redpill without the treating women like **** part

I'm pissed off because ny dad is giving me beta bluepill advice about 'buh men have feelings waaa', I'm trying to tell him how attraction invalidates those feelings and if a woman stops sensing security/dominance and never ending potential for higher SMV she will fish elsewhere unconsciously. As if he knows anything, he got whipped by m mum, my sister doesn't respect him...

My dad says my outlook is bitter twisted and paranoid, I say I've found a Holy Grail on human psychology.

Anyway he can talk, he's safe, he's past the Wall and his career gives him social proof enough to be a beta provider to his gf

your dad's right, your views are twisted and paranoid and youre going to end up bitter and lonely.

/

Quick Reply

Latest