The Student Room Group

Cambridge real estate finance 15/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys! Not really in to this field but I have a friend who's applying and I'm sure he'd love to talk to you guys :smile: ! Good luck, you all have dope profiles.

Original post by Saelie
Reply 61
Original post by SParm
Hey guys! Not really in to this field but I have a friend who's applying and I'm sure he'd love to talk to you guys :smile: ! Good luck, you all have dope profiles.

errr looks like I'm being forced to post, thanks fucboi. <3 your post was danker than the dankest of memes...

In all seriousness I am applying, my application changed to ''awaiting decision from BOGS'' recently too, applied mid-January. I'm currently at Cambridge doing Land Economy, got 2:1s both years, did an internship in real estate this summer. So there's my 'dope profile,' seems considerably less dope than a lot of people applying tho :0

Not really sure if Cambridge is my 1st choice as I do want to go into real estate unlike a lot of you guys, been given an offer by Reading for straight 'Real Estate' which I'm heavily considering since their course is less theoretical & arguably more respected within property in the UK.
Original post by F4N
Congratulations to all 3 of you! Is Cambridge REF your first choice?

Yes. Mine was actually one and only graduate application. I didn't even applied to any schools in US.
Reply 63
Original post by vvjessica
That's so fast! Less than one month! Congrats!

Thanks! Have you applied for the similar course as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Still stuck at BOGS... does anyone know how long it usually takes?
Reply 65
Original post by mawi
Still stuck at BOGS... does anyone know how long it usually takes?

Same here. I read somewhere that it can take from 2 days to a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Hi all,

Congratulation to all who received some good news!

I have a question here: I completed my application on Jan 15th, and the status is still "under consideration by the department". However, people who submitted application later than me have received an offer or a status of BOGS.

Anyone has an idea on why it happens?
Reply 67
I emailed the school to ask about this as well. Turns out some applications have been put on hold. This means that our application will only be considered after the application deadline. On the system it would remain as ' under consideration by dept'

Hope that helps!

Original post by fusunny
Hi all,

Congratulation to all who received some good news!

I have a question here: I completed my application on Jan 15th, and the status is still "under consideration by the department". However, people who submitted application later than me have received an offer or a status of BOGS.

Anyone has an idea on why it happens?
Reply 68
Original post by CDE123
I emailed the school to ask about this as well. Turns out some applications have been put on hold. This means that our application will only be considered after the application deadline. On the system it would remain as ' under consideration by dept'

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much!!!

I thought they lost my application or some other bad things happen :P

So... I still need to wait for almost one month...so sad...
Original post by honggg
Thanks! Have you applied for the similar course as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I applied for this program two weeks ago. The status is still under consideration by the department. I don't have related work experiences so I am a little bit worried.
Reply 70
My status changed to conditional offer yesterday. Now pending college membership

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by mawi
My status changed to conditional offer yesterday. Now pending college membership

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! Hope you get the college you want! Sigh....my status is still at bogs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Thanks!! You might hear back soon as well.. The FAQ said up to seven days.

I actually was not very informed about the colleges so I made an open application. We shall see how that turns out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by mawi
Thanks!! You might hear back soon as well.. The FAQ said up to seven days.

I actually was not very informed about the colleges so I made an open application. We shall see how that turns out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey guys, could you please advise the conditions u get?
Reply 74
They just wanted my bachelor degree original transcript and college membership

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Just received a conditional offer. First class honours overall was my condition. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello Everyone,
All students or residents of UK, would you guys be able to share what is the best way to get to Cambridge University from Heathrow Airport. I am completely new to UK's education system and trying to learn as much as I can about it before I start the Program. I am planning to visit the University before the Program starts, just to engage in surroundings and know more. I know usually people who are interested tend to visit the University before they apply, but in my case its the other way around. Any suggestions, feedbacks, recommendations, on accommodation for at least 2 to 3 days, and traveling from airport and locally. Thanks.
Original post by Boeing777-300ER
Hello Everyone,
All students or residents of UK, would you guys be able to share what is the best way to get to Cambridge University from Heathrow Airport. I am completely new to UK's education system and trying to learn as much as I can about it before I start the Program. I am planning to visit the University before the Program starts, just to engage in surroundings and know more. I know usually people who are interested tend to visit the University before they apply, but in my case its the other way around. Any suggestions, feedbacks, recommendations, on accommodation for at least 2 to 3 days, and traveling from airport and locally. Thanks.

You might want to use National Express coaches (available to book and pay in advance www.nationalexpress.com) which is quite cheap but takes longer time (like 3 hours) than train. You can also buy a train ticket after you arrive, which would be twice more expensive than National Express but would get you to Cambridge in much less time.
Original post by WolfOfWallStreet
You might want to use National Express coaches (available to book and pay in advance www.nationalexpress.com) which is quite cheap but takes longer time (like 3 hours) than train. You can also buy a train ticket after you arrive, which would be twice more expensive than National Express but would get you to Cambridge in much less time.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am looking into it.
Reply 79
Original post by Boeing777-300ER
Thank you for your suggestions. I am looking into it.

Depending exactly which trains/stations you use to get to KX it can also be a bit of a pain changing if you have a suitcase. Then you arrive at the one side of town.

The coach is longer but easier - get on it, read a book or fall asleep and 3 hours later you're in the middle of Cam.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending