The Student Room Group

Edinburgh vs Durham for Physics & Astronomy

I got an offer to study physics and astronomy from both the University of Edinburgh and Durham University. Academics wise, which is the better university, particularly for this subject? And how much better?

P.S: I don't trust rankings that much, so personal experience would be nice.
Original post by nux1997
I got an offer to study physics and astronomy from both the University of Edinburgh and Durham University. Academics wise, which is the better university, particularly for this subject? And how much better?

I suggest you should pay a visit to the unis(depts) and make a decision after. Decision belongs to you and you should know what may be better for you for the coming years:smile:
Reply 2
They are on a very similar level academically wise so as the poster above says, you should focus on which university you like better as there locations are not that similar. It's also worth trying to work out which one has the better course for you.
Original post by nux1997

Which did you prefer at the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know about Durham but at Edinburgh (I'm a third year) all the science departments are in their own campus in a very quiet residential area nearly two miles from the main campus, which is in the middle of town and is where almost everything student related takes place. Edinburgh is a lovely city though.

Feel free to ask any more questions regarding physics at Edinburgh.
Reply 5
I live in India so going to an open day is not really an option in the near future :smile:
I haven't been to either of the unis before either so I can't really make an opinion that way. I guess the best difference is the teaching methods, and rigour of academics. Can someone help me out in this aspect?
did u ever end up going to the open day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending