The Student Room Group

i want to be rich, which course should i do

im in AS studying, Chemistry, Maths, History, English.
I want to do a degree that will earn me lots of money. Which course should I choose?
Let us look at it this way. You do a degree you hate just for the money, you get a good job and earn about 20,000 per month but then midlife crises hits you so you quit. Say you work for about 10 years? So that's 20,000×12×10 (do the math). But then you do something you are so passionate about and earn say 5,000 a month- less right? But then you love your job so much you work till you're 60 so that's about 35-40 years. So 5,000×12×35 (do the math).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Let us look at it this way. You do a degree you hate just for the money, you get a good job and earn about 20,000 per month but then midlife crises hits you so you quit. Say you work for about 10 years? So that's 20,000×12×10 (do the math). But then you do something you are so passionate about and earn say 5,000 a month- less right? But then you love your job so much you work till you're 60 so that's about 35-40 years. So 5,000×12×35 (do the math).

But if you don't quit and keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _hamzahr
But if you don't quit and keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that case you don't even need a degree just join the local drug chain and then become an international drug smuggler. Life=well spent.
Ideally you'd be doing the subject that you enjoy the most. Have a look at graduate prospects for some of the courses you could potentially see yourself doing well in for 3+ years at university and go from there. Also remember that it's not just a degree that makes you employable, but other experiences as well.
Original post by rojomojo
im in AS studying, Chemistry, Maths, History, English.
I want to do a degree that will earn me lots of money. Which course should I choose?

any degree really or no degree does not really matter.
If you want a structured career which will make you a lot of money then in Banking; Sales & trading divisions, IB divisions will prefer numerate degrees (e.g. maths, physics, engineering, computer science) from a good university (Oxford, Imperial, Cambridge, LSE, etc).
If you want to run your own start-up you need nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest