You'RE

PD would be proud... :biggrin:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Hence the edit, it was a typo
Reply 42
If History wasnt offered by the SSEES then im sure that it would seem just like any other department, because it offers something alongside the UCL with lower grade requirements it is seen as the backdoor in.
Reply 43
I have the grades for either course, i just prefer the SSEES course.

huh Jordan I thought you are going to the open day for V100?

UCL is better than SSEES

Huh, SSEES is part of UCL. The SSEES course only has lower grades because Its far less popular then the standard V100 course. If the SSEES course is getting over 10 applicants per place I'm sure the grades will go up to AAB/AAA. As for the backdoor thing I read the prospectus and subjects like history of art, foriegn languages, biology, chemistry, physics and geogrpahy all want similar grades with the standard V100 course of ABB.
Reply 44
Just had an e-mail today asking If I can go and have an interview in person on the 13th of December. bah, this means I'll now have had double the interviews most applicants have to go through.

But at least this time I won't have just got out the shower and then find myself trying to talk about the master and margarita whilst wearing only a towel. Phone interviews are great.
Reply 45
Master and Margarita must the most complex book ever written, how did you manage to talk about it while only wearing a towel? Good luck with the interview by the way!
Reply 46
Vincente
huh Jordan I thought you are going to the open day for V100?

Nope V101 on Dec 13th, tho the letter said I would recieve the typical offer for going which is what AAB/ABB. And i like your point about other subjects at UCL requiring ABB, if my sole aim was to get into UCL I would have applied for Zoology or something
Reply 47
Jordan7
Nope V101 on Dec 13th, tho the letter said I would recieve the typical offer for going which is what AAB/ABB. And i like your point about other subjects at UCL requiring ABB, if my sole aim was to get into UCL I would have applied for Zoology or something

My biology teacher did Zoology at UCL. He was such a twunt.
As you were.
Reply 48
Master and Margarita must the most complex book ever written, how did you manage to talk about it while only wearing a towel?

Not very well, I'd read it about 3 months before and was only able to talk about it on a very surface level. But I don't think (hope) that SSEES expect all their applicants to be experts on Bulgakov.
Reply 49
Probably not...
Reply 50
But I don't think (hope) that SSEES expect all their applicants to be experts on Bulgakov.

Not until the sixth week, anyway...
Reply 51
SSEES belongs to KCL. Anyways why go to UCL when you can do a much better history course at KCL?
Reply 52
SSEES belonged to KCL for a few years a long time ago, true.
Reply 53
Tomharper
Anyways why go to UCL when you can do a much better history course at KCL?

Because UCL is a much better university.
Reply 54
Because UCL is a much better university

Hear Hear.
Reply 55
The Strand campus where you study history is the most ugliest building I have seen in my life and was enough to put me off from studying there. Anyways KCL is overated and trys associate itself with LSE, IC and UCL even though its well behind these 3 universities. KCL may have a 5* rating for research but most of us are going there to study, not be researchers.
Reply 56
Btw, Vincente what college did you go to? This is assuming you're from the Hook in Hampshire near Alton.
Reply 57
Queen Mary's college, Basingstoke (BIG MISTAKE, because its the worse in this region should have went to Alton or farnborough)
Reply 58
The Strand campus is beautiful! Anyways only a handful of universities can get that 5* rating like Durham and LSE, NOT UCL!
Reply 59
Dude, in real life, nobody gives a f**k if your department got "5" or "5*". What is your point?

Latest

Trending

Trending