The Student Room Group

Aldi Graduate Area Manager video interview

I was wondering if anybody else got a video interview? I have researched everywhere and nobody has said that they received a video interview for the same job position so I'm not sure if they've made a mistake. Everyone either just gets a rejection or a group interview

I had the video interview about 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

They only give the video interview if you've applied for the graduate cashier scheme. You sure you've applied to the right one?
Reply 2
Original post by TheSilentBang
They only give the video interview if you've applied for the graduate cashier scheme. You sure you've applied to the right one?

Definitely! I even checked the emails I recieved which said "You are applying for the Aldi Graduate Area Manager position." and even the video interview said it was. I'm so confused
Original post by Omiclops
Definitely! I even checked the emails I recieved which said "You are applying for the Aldi Graduate Area Manager position." and even the video interview said it was. I'm so confused

You must have been mixed up on their side. I spoke to my friend who works in recruitment there, he says video interviews are definitely only for graduate cashiers.
Reply 4
thanks for the advice. I'll email them immediately and see what they say
Best not, I was trolling.
Reply 6
Original post by TheSilentBang
Best not, I was trolling.

:confused::confused:
Reply 7
Ye I had one to its there new method of narrowing it down have you heard back yet?
To clear up some confusion on this:

If you look on the ALDI recruitment website you will see that ALDI now use video interviews as part of the selection process. I've done mine. This appears to only apply to those who applied 2015 onwards. It appears that if they like your application initially then they will invite you to this next stage.

The process is simple. They email you a link, you follow all the basic steps.

Questions I got asked were something like this, with a timer to respond to each: You get a shance to review the question before responding, but not overly long. You WILL NOT get to see/change your response.
1. Tell me how well ALDI is performing at the moment.
2 What is you greatest weakness
3 What were/are you studying and how will this benefit you in the role you are applying for
4 Tell me about your experience so far
5 Where do you see yourself in five years
6 Tell me something interesting or surprising about yourself.

Not sure of the exact wording, but hopefully you have gotten he idea. I personally imagine all questions are the same.

Good Luck!!
Reply 9
Original post by Manchester15
To clear up some confusion on this:

If you look on the ALDI recruitment website you will see that ALDI now use video interviews as part of the selection process. I've done mine. This appears to only apply to those who applied 2015 onwards. It appears that if they like your application initially then they will invite you to this next stage.

The process is simple. They email you a link, you follow all the basic steps.

Questions I got asked were something like this, with a timer to respond to each: You get a shance to review the question before responding, but not overly long. You WILL NOT get to see/change your response.
1. Tell me how well ALDI is performing at the moment.
2 What is you greatest weakness
3 What were/are you studying and how will this benefit you in the role you are applying for
4 Tell me about your experience so far
5 Where do you see yourself in five years
6 Tell me something interesting or surprising about yourself.

Not sure of the exact wording, but hopefully you have gotten he idea. I personally imagine all questions are the same.

Good Luck!!

Hi mate.

Have you heard anything back from video interview? Had mine on Wednesday.
Reply 10
Has anyone had a group interview yet?
Reply 11
Original post by JKAW1
Has anyone had a group interview yet?

Did you pass your video interview ?
Reply 12
Not heard bk yet but want to prepare for the next stage just in case wbu?
Reply 13
Original post by JKAW1
Not heard bk yet but want to prepare for the next stage just in case wbu?

When did you do yours?

Did mine on Wednesday. Heard nothing yet
Reply 14
about 2 weeks ago I think how do u reckon yours went?
Reply 15
Original post by JKAW1
about 2 weeks ago I think how do u reckon yours went?

Oh right fair enough.

Yeh it was orite, some of the questions gave little time. But hopefully we will hear back
This week
Reply 16
Ye wd like to know what to expect from the next stage tho haha what area u applied for?
Reply 17
Original post by JKAW1
Ye wd like to know what to expect from the next stage tho haha what area u applied for?

Yeh it will be a assessment centre, so the typical group activity, interview etc.. I applied for swindon Chelmsford. But prefer London. You ?
Reply 18
Middleton for me so the North West
Reply 19
Let me know if you get any updates

Quick Reply

Latest