The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its not early the cycle has started some unis get back to their applicants faster than others.

At the end of the day replies are going to come whether they come now or later it dont make a difference so just relax its in their hands now.
Reply 2
Maybe...I know Sheffield start interviewing on November 14th so they might have already started deciding whos rejected etc...I haven't heard of anyone getting interviews yet though, Im still waiting to here *fingers corssed*
Reply 3
All unis differ, some people don't hear anythin till February, others have interviews by December.

All you can do is keep logging onto TRACK. Good luck
Reply 4
If Sheffield are going to start interviewing on the 14th then I'd imagine that they have selected who will be interviewed on that day by now, in the same way they must have read applications by now that they are not going to invite to interview, i.e. already rejected some people.
Reply 5
it is really dawning on me the reality of actaully getting offers or being rejected...gosh...just have to embrace it and hope for the best...
theyre prob all doing the sorting rite nw
i can imagine the admissionbs tutours with 3 piles
"rejection" "maybe" "interview"
if they decide 2 put u on the rejection pile then they'll prob contact u immediately n tell u ur rejected
bt...if ure lucky enough to go on one of the other piles...then they'll sort out a date 4 ur interview n contact u just before it
so if u havent herd frm any1 yet...b glad
ure prob not on the "rejection" pile
Reply 7
puzled
it is really dawning on me the reality of actaully getting offers or being rejected...gosh...just have to embrace it and hope for the best...

yeah, it's not so bad, really. so what if some of us get rejected by one/two/three/all unis? it'll seem **** but for a lot it means a whole year off to do whatever they want (provided worthwile things to talk about at interview the next year are included) but there'll be no revision and school stress for a year! (er, again, provided no retakes are planned).

basically, although i'd have disagreed with myself just a few weeks ago on this, it's really not the end of the world to not get a place at a med school this year. you just try again next year or go to your back-up course/school (assuming you've had offers ofc).

(it's still scary that some unis are possibly handing out rejections already though) (though there's nothing any of us can do about that so no point in stressage)
Reply 8
ph9
yeah, it's not so bad, really. so what if some of us get rejected by one/two/three/all unis? it'll seem **** but for a lot it means a whole year off to do whatever they want (provided worthwile things to talk about at interview the next year are included) but there'll be no revision and school stress for a year! (er, again, provided no retakes are planned).

basically, although i'd have disagreed with myself just a few weeks ago on this, it's really not the end of the world to not get a place at a med school this year. you just try again next year or go to your back-up course/school (assuming you've had offers ofc).

(it's still scary that some unis are possibly handing out rejections already though) (though there's nothing any of us can do about that so no point in stressage)

Well, i'd agree that it's not so bad, as long as you manage to get the required grades (ie. AAb or preferably AAA). If you don't get any offers, but get the grades, then you know you're sorted with regards to the academic requirements, as the med schools can see that you've already got the required grades. Then you have a whole year to work on the work experience side of things, and if you do quite a bit then surely you're pretty much guaranteed some interviews when you re-apply.

In summary: not too devastating if i don't get any offers this year, as long as i get my predicted grades at the end. :smile:
Reply 9
smirf83
In summary: not too devastating if i don't get any offers this year, as long as i get my predicted grades at the end. :smile:

lol basically what i meant to say amongst the million lines i typed. personally, it's the A level grades what are worrying me the most about med/getting in/etc - not interviews/ukcat/bmat/whatever else - so, yep, not getting any offers this year would be quite a pisstake but if you got the minimum AAB at the end, ahhh it's ok really.
Reply 10
she probably applied with grades under the minimum?

" i heard today from a friend that her sisters friend " lol
Reply 11
Vazzyb
she probably applied with grades under the minimum?

" i heard today from a friend that her sisters friend " lol

who is this she (me) or my friend's sister's friend??...cuz if you do mean me its a bit harsh to say so... dont you think so...to let you know applied with AAA grades predicted:p:
Reply 12
I remember what I was like same time last year!:biggrin:
Dont start panicking already, you may still have months to wait to hear! The earliest I heared from my unis was in February. Having said that, I do know people who were contacted really early.
So, youll hear when you hear. Keep calm (or atleast try to:biggrin: ) and be positive!
And very best of luck to you all!:smile:
Reply 13
puzled
who is this she (me) or my friend's sister's friend??...cuz if you do mean me its a bit harsh to say so... dont you think so...to let you know applied with AAA grades predicted:p:

I think that Vazzyb is just offering a reason why your friends sisters friend got rejected. It could also be that her form was unreadable, that is a way to get a fast rejection ( if had written which is more unusual these days)
Reply 14
puzled

sorry, my statement was a bit unclear lol

the first bit, i was refering to the person you were talking about. Sometimes people get early rejections because they apply with grades under the minimum requirements.

the second bit, the way you said 'a friend's sister's friend' was a bit amusing lol. Sounded a bit unreliable. thats all.
Reply 15
It's totally normal for people with the 'right' grades to start getting rejected from now on in... DOn't assume that this person is a weaker candidate in the not making the minimum requirements way...
Reply 16
Vazzyb
sorry, my statement was a bit unclear lol

the first bit, i was refering to the person you were talking about. Sometimes people get early rejections because they apply with grades under the minimum requirements.

the second bit, the way you said 'a friend's sister's friend' was a bit amusing lol. Sounded a bit unreliable. thats all.

aww soz..i was being slightly melodramatic.. very true when i heard it first i was a bit hmm u sure... but it happens;grin;

Latest

Trending

Trending