The Student Room Group

Gym induction - what to expect?

Hey, I've got a Gym induction tomorrow and I was just wondering what I should expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A typical gym induction consists of a DYEL personal trainer who could do with his own personal trainer, showing you how to use a bunch of pointless machines.
Reply 2
in mine, the guy kinda just walks you round the gym and shows you the equipment.. shows you how to do it and then lets you have a go, including cardio equipment like treadmills and stuff. they might ask you if you have any medical conditions or whatever, what your current/previous level of fitness is like, what you aim to achieve.
my gym does free plans so he also made one of those up for me and showed me how to do the exercises correctly and explained the reps/sets, then you sort out your fees/card etc and you're left free to roam or leave it at that if you so wish :smile:
Original post by Baloney
Hey, I've got a Gym induction tomorrow and I was just wondering what I should expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically a Personal Trainer or someone who works in the gym will show you how to use the equipments and if you are on any plans such as weight loss plan they will take your pulse (depends, though - my first gym didn't do this but the second gym I am at, did)

Quick Reply

Latest