The Student Room Group

Losing confidence to talk to a girl that I like

Hello,

It's a New Year and I said to myself that I'd like to talk more to a girl that I like and hopefully ask her out sometime.

The problem is the pressure that I have in my Mock A-Level exams and I feel that I have screwed some exams up. Also, I'm really stressed on meeting my programming coursework deadline and just my Computing A-Level in general.

The thing is, today I thought about approaching her at lunch today but she was with her friends and I wasn't sure whether to say hi to her as I don't want her friends getting thoughts. It was trying to relax that lunchtime due to an exam happening after lunch, but I was stressed out because of the exam and thinking of how to talk to her.

I'm losing confidence and I really don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can give me some advice.
Your exams are just mocks and you don't seem to know for certain that you've messed any up, stop stressing about that stuff. Sort yer computing coursework out, it's not like the girl's gonna go anywhere. You could try and catch her on her own sometime, might make it easier.
Reply 2
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Your exams are just mocks and you don't seem to know for certain that you've messed any up, stop stressing about that stuff. Sort yer computing coursework out, it's not like the girl's gonna go anywhere. You could try and catch her on her own sometime, might make it easier.

I suppose that could help - Coursework is key, but it's just the difficulty in not giving it my undivided attention. I'll try and how that goes.

As for the girl I like, I'm feeling really unconfident about it - but you're right she's not going anywhere, but surely I can't leave it too long? I never really have many chances to catch her on her own. Is it awkward to approach her with her friendship group, because I feel that it could be for her?
Original post by Anonymous
I suppose that could help - Coursework is key, but it's just the difficulty in not giving it my undivided attention. I'll try and how that goes.

As for the girl I like, I'm feeling really unconfident about it - but you're right she's not going anywhere, but surely I can't leave it too long? I never really have many chances to catch her on her own. Is it awkward to approach her with her friendship group, because I feel that it could be for her?

If she has no idea you're interested you can probably leave it as long as you want, unless she's shown a clear interest in you too. As for approaching with your friendship group... I suppose that would depend on your friends. It will probably awkward if you just like, corner her with your lil' possy. Idk depends on how you're approaching.
Reply 4
If she has no idea you're interested you can probably leave it as long as you want, unless she's shown a clear interest in you too. As for approaching with your friendship group... I suppose that would depend on your friends. It will probably awkward if you just like, corner her with your lil' possy. Idk depends on how you're approaching.

Oh sorry, I misinterpreted that. I mean approaching her alone with her friendship group, so for example during a study period, joining her table with her friends but not with any of mine.

I guess there's no rush and I'm not desperate; I can't let this opportunity go and I'd like her to know when the time is right (preferably before finishing school)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

It's a New Year and I said to myself that I'd like to talk more to a girl that I like and hopefully ask her out sometime.

The problem is the pressure that I have in my Mock A-Level exams and I feel that I have screwed some exams up. Also, I'm really stressed on meeting my programming coursework deadline and just my Computing A-Level in general.

The thing is, today I thought about approaching her at lunch today but she was with her friends and I wasn't sure whether to say hi to her as I don't want her friends getting thoughts. It was trying to relax that lunchtime due to an exam happening after lunch, but I was stressed out because of the exam and thinking of how to talk to her.

I'm losing confidence and I really don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can give me some advice.

Dude, get your chit together:

Disregard females, Acquire academics.

Dont **** up your grades and future for some girl.
Original post by MAINE.

...Unless she's like solid 9/10 imean

On topic: Wouldn't recommend approaching her friendship group unless you know her friends well.
Reply 7
Original post by MAINE.

Thanks for your honesty.

I'm feeling that way to an extent, because we'll be going away to different Unis this September. To be fair, I never had a relationship before, but this girl makes me feel special in a way like no other and she's someone I don't want to lose, but is it inevitable?
Reply 8

On topic: Wouldn't recommend approaching her friendship group unless you know her friends well.

No. There is no woman worth screwing up your goals for.

Women actually respect you more if you do not subject yourself to them.
Classic case of putting pussy on the pedestal. You're analysing this way too deeply. She's probably not interested in you, otherwise she would have talked to you. Stop wasting your time and forget about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I know them a bit, as most of them (3/6) are in my Psychology class and I tried before by using ice-breakers but I never really directed the conversation to the girl that I like as it's all Psychology-jargon. I don't know if it's just being the only boy with a group of girls but I dunno
Original post by MAINE.
No. There is no woman worth screwing up your goals for.

Women actually respect you more if you do not subject yourself to them.

It was a joke :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending