The Student Room Group

Friends at school = Strangers with memories?

Hi,

I read these words saying that friends at school are strangers with memories when you leave. To what extent do you think this is true?

I'm in Sixth Form now and my "friendship group" is huge but I won't class it has being true friends. I only have a selected number of friends but I'm not as close to them if you know what I mean. I travelled around the world with this one friend, so I think we'll be friends after Sixth Form, but I really struggle to find out what a true friend is as he spends a lot of time with people from the "friendship group".
Reply 1
It depends, you cant really say. Some stay in touch; some dont. Distance plays a part, new groups, people.. but that doesn't mean your high school buds wont come along at some later point of your life.
I think this is true for some people, especially in the larger friendship groups.

I'm in quite a small friendship group of about 6 close friends (though i have loads of other more distant friends) but I would say I only know like 3 of the really well. The rest I have a great time with but they are as you say "strangers with memories" I don't know them that well.

tbh though my only true true friend is my best friend who I've known since I was 2
I wouldn't know. Everyone's a stranger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending