The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Hello everyone doing this exam this is the official thread to talk about revision work and anything else related to the exam

this is the one im most scared about

im doing conflict poetry of mice and men and an inspector calls

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm also currently doing an inspector calls and did of mice and men last year but I'm doing relationship poetry, I can try to help with what I can
Just moved this to the English section :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the exam last year, so can help anybody, if necessary.

If you have any questions, want me to check any essays you write or would just like some advice, then feel free to ask me. :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too im so screwed for this exam, havent even read of mice and men cover to cover and just rushed through aic and these were 1-2 years ago. Its annoying that reading 2 books and knowing analysis for every character and theme in them is only 40% of the grade.
Reply 5
Does anyone have any idea for what they may ask in the 2015 June Eng Lit Exam for Modern Texts: Of Mice and Men and Inspector calls ?

Any predictions?

Oh! And also for poetry: character and voice section? if anyone does it? Thanks, hugely appreciated!!! xo
Hi I'm doing the exam this year too :smile::smile::smile: Studying the crucible, of mice and men and the character and voice section.
I haven't even read of mice and men yet either ~ I was supposed to have read it ages ago but I keep prolonging it as I can't seem to motivate myself to get through half the book. . .
Have you guys done your coursework yet? :biggrin:

Edit Nov 2015 - Got 98% overall :tongue: Thanks for everyone's support on here.
(edited 8 years ago)
same idk how long it will take me to re read it so i was thinking of not bothering but yeah we done coursework we done OMAM cw and shakespeare

We are doing an inspector calls of mice and men and conflict poetry
im most worried an inspector calls tbh
Original post by amy4121
Does anyone have any idea for what they may ask in the 2015 June Eng Lit Exam for Modern Texts: Of Mice and Men and Inspector calls ?

Thanks, hugely appreciated!!! xo

wish i had an idea but predictions are usually wrong
Original post by youreanutter
wish i had an idea but predictions are usually wrong

My prediction for all the questions and extracts in both my literature exams were all right. So, do predict and anticipate, but don't depend on them: make sure you've honed the necessary skills and have the ability to answer questions on any theme/character/symbol in the text you're studying for Section A of Unit 1, in particular. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey, I have finished all of my coursework except for one piece, its the Shakespeare and English literary heritage one for literature worth 25% but I should finish it by mid-march then revision :redface:
Original post by kingaaran
My prediction for all the questions and extracts in both my literature exams were all right. So, do predict and anticipate, but don't depend on them: make sure you've honed the necessary skills and have the ability to answer questions on any theme/character/symbol in the text you're studying for Section A of Unit 1, in particular. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do u predict? Please help
I did this last year, so I can help anyone if needed :smile:
I am doing my contolled assesment in two weeks, we're doing Shakespeare too.
same idk how long it will take me to re read it so i was thinking of not bothering but yeah we done coursework we done OMAM cw and shakespeare

We are doing an inspector calls of mice and men and conflict poetry
im most worried an inspector calls tbh

What are you worried about regarding an inspector calls? We did it last year and I think it's quite straightforward regarding the concepts and the context of the story, it's definitely not as hard as The Crucible.
Im doing OMAM AND AIC as well, but im doing "place for poetry." is anyone else doing the same for poetry?
Original post by _ariane29
I am doing my contolled assesment in two weeks, we're doing Shakespeare too.

What are you worried about regarding an inspector calls? We did it last year and I think it's quite straightforward regarding the concepts and the context of the story, it's definitely not as hard as The Crucible.

just worried about memorising good quotes for the characters as i wouldnt know what to say abiut gerald/eric aha
just worried about memorising good quotes for the characters as i wouldnt know what to say abiut gerald/eric aha

Oh. But don't we get the plain texts for the exam? :smile:
Original post by Hello!123
How do u predict? Please help

I just always had an instinct...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just remember a few quotes that help show the characterisation of that character, the development of that character through the text and that you can analyse well, in terms of language, structure and form. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
hey! i'm doing the relationships anthology...
any idea where i can get the short list of authors for the unseen poetry for june??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending